Discovery Boot Camp 1
15 days to a becoming a more connected Discovery Educator
DE Boot Camp: Fundamentals Day 1 .............................. Welcome to DE!
First things first! Today's lesson is all about accessing Discovery Streaming and making sure your profile reflects who you really are so that you can get the most out of Discovery Streaming.
To login to Discovery Streaming, go to www.discoveryeducation.com.
IF you have a user account AND you know your login
enter your username and password in the boxes at the upper-right of the page and
IF you have a user account BUT YOU DO NOT know your login
click the "Forgot username or password?" link at the top of the page to retrieve your
login information and then login.
IF you DO NOT HAVE a user account
click the Passcode/New User link at the top of the page
enter your campus passcode (your librarian or technology specialist should be
able to give this to you - if not, email me at email@example.com with your
campus name and I can send it to you)
complete the short registration form and then login with your new account.
Updating Your Discovery Profile
Did you know you had a personalized account profile in Discovery?
To access your profile ...
* If you are still using the old My DE
(background is aqua blue),
- click the EDIT PROFILE button below your name near the upper-left
* If you are using the NEW My DE
(background is gray & there's a cheetah at the top)
- click the PROFILE button below your name at the left.
Updating your profile
Scroll through your profile and update any information that you choose.
* Be sure that your email address is correct - if not, update it in your profile.
* You can select multiple items from the pull-down lists for Subjects, Grades, and Interests by holding down your CTRL key while you click.
* Scroll down to include as many of your social media contacts as you like.
Verify and Update Your Campus
Many of the activities we will be doing in the upcoming days will be using the classroom and student features of Discovery Streaming, so it's EXTREMELY important that you be sure that your account is connected to the correct campus so you'll have access to your school's students.
To see what campus you're currently connected to, look below your name at the top of your Profile. If this campus is not correct, PLEASE follow the steps below to move your account.
* Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS tab of your Profile
* Scroll down to the CHANGE SCHOOL section and enter your campus passcode in the box provided.
- your librarian or technology specialist should be able to give this to you
- if not, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your campus name and I can send it to you)
FREE Conference ... in your pajamas!
Did you know that Discovery Education hosts a world-class conference every fall and spring that you can attend for free, from the comfort of your own home? Yep, that's right ... it's the Discovery Ed. STREAMATHON virtual conference is scheduled for Saturday, October 25.
Go to http://www.discoveryeducation.com/streamathon/ for more information and to register today! Scroll to the bottom of this page to find a list of all of the sessions scheduled for the day - you'll find there's something new every half-hour on the half-hour from 8:00am-2:30pm CST (note - times provided on the website are EST, 9:00am - 3:30pm)
* What if I can't attend all day long?
- No problem! Register and attend the sessions that interest you and work for your schedule
* What if I'm completely booked that day and can't attend at all?
- Register anyway - they will send you a link to the recordings when the day is done and you can watch the sessions at your convenience.
It's FREE and at your as convenient as can be, so there's no excuse! Just do it... Register today!!!!
Kayla Steiner..................................... Boot Camp Drill Sargent
Digital Learning and Media Specialist
Education Service Center Region 11
STAR Discovery Educator
Certified Safari Montage Trainer