Week of November 8th
Creating and maintaining a Culture of Excellence!!
C-Commit to Learn
L-Lead with Courage
Report Card Info and Reminders
Quarter 1 Success--Celebrating the EXCEL-lent things that our students and staff accomplished
Please make plans to join us. Parents are welcome and we will be following all Covid guidelines which include social distancing and wearing masks.
- 8th grade, Monday, November 15th
8:25-9:05am Team Endurance (Welder, Rawlings, and Pope)
9:10-9:50am Team Resilience (Williams, Grider, and Eller)
9:55-10:35am Team Opportunity (Jobe, Brown, and Fallon)
- 7th grade, Tuesday, November 16th
8:25-9:05am Team Champions (Nelson, Erickson, and McCallum)
9:10-9:50am Team Achievers (Maholic, Adams, and Murray)
12:10-12:55pm Team Warriors (Walsh, Whitesell, Kane)
- 6th grade, Wednesday, November 17th
8:25-9:05am Team Quest (Walsh and Groff)
9:10-9:50am Team Fearless (Boone, Yakout, and Mabe)
1:47-2:32pm Team Grit (Hauck, Abu Khalaf, and Hamb)
SEE SOMETHING/SAY SOMETHING-IMPORTANCE
One of the best ways to keep our schools safe is through See Something, Say Something. This means that we all should observe our environment and develop awareness of our surroundings. When we see suspicious activity, something that seems out of place, or hear someone make threats to harm another person, we say something. Even if we are not certain, we trust our instincts and make a report to the trusted adults in the building. Please share with your child the importance of being a leader and not a follower. We are creating a culture of excellence where respect is the norm. Respect is shown through our actions so ensure your child is aware that the norms of SGMS EXCEL will ground them in the traits to be the leader that is within them.
Creating a Culture of EXCELlence
- Dress code is the first area that can be checked prior to leaving home each school day. Your child should not wear BIKER SHORTS, JEANS with HOLES WHERE SKIN IS EXPOSED, CROP TOPS/SPAGHETTI STRAP TOPS, SLIDES/BEDROOM SHOES, CROCS WITH STRAPS NOT ON THE BACK or other items noted in the agenda.
- Cell phones may not be used during the school day. If your child has their cell phone out it will be taken and first offense may be picked up at end of day, second offense a parent will need to pick up. Cell phones distract learning as students are texting or calling or listening to music rather than focused on the instruction being provided .
- Masks are one of the most important ways to prevent spread of COVID-19 please ensure your child wears their mask covering both their mouth and nose.
- Last but not least is RESPECT--please discuss with your child that they should follow the directions of any adult the first time and to avoid inappropriate comments or responses.
We are working to ensure every child has what they need to succeed. Please reach out if you have questions. Please partner with us as we move SGMS down the road of success.
CALLING ALL PARENTS AND TEACHERS!!!
We will be hosting a virtual interest meeting for our PTO on November 18th at 6 pm. Below is a link to the google form to sign up and receive an invite.
Hope you can join us.
The scheduled Boys VolleyBall and Girls Soccer matches vs Penn Griffin for Monday have been cancelled, as Penn Griffin did not field teams. Thursday’s Girls Soccer match with Welborn has also been cancelled for the same reason. We will still have Boy Volley Ball though. There will be open gym/interest meeting for boys Basketball and an interest meeting/conditioning meeting for cheering next week. Coaches will use this time to double check paperwork and to get an idea of where they stand before tryouts. Just to be clear, these are not tryouts. They are not mandatory. They are intended for students that do not play a fall sport.
Monday 11/8-Boys VB/Girls Soccer vs Ferndale @ HPAC 5 pm
Tuesday 11/9---Girls Basketball Open Gym---Main Gym---345-545PM
Wednesday-11/10---Boys VB/Girls Soccer vs AJ Prep @ SGMS 5 pm
Please come out and support our athletes and coaches
Our administrative team is available to assist with any and all SGMS questions or concerns. You may reach us at 336-674-4266 or by email. We love your partnership please reach out if you have suggestions or shout outs for our amazing staff.
Tracy Roof, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (meeting/conference students with last names P-Z)
Lorie Rainey, Assistant Principalemail@example.com (meeting/conference students with last names G-O)
James Moore, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (meeting/conference students with last names A-F)