Week of September 19th
Dooley Family Updates
Monday the 19th
- AVID, College, Feeder Tees with Jeans or Pack Green Day.
Go green with celery sticks, broccoli florets or a crisp green apple.
- TPRI (KInder through Sept. 23rd; 1st/2nd through Sept. 16th)
- Kinder MAP Math Window opens through September 23rd
- Mid-term Progress Reports Home for 3rd-5th Grade
- Choir Rehearsal with Ms. Wooten, after school until 4 p.m.
Tuesday the 20th
Pack Orange Day.
Baby carrots, orange segments, dried apricots, or orange juice.
Good News Club in Library, 3- 4 p.m.
Wednesday the 21st
Walk to School Wednesday, Athletic Wear Attire or Pack Red Day.
Strawberries are a favorite, and other tasty options are red pepper slices, tomatoWedges or a delicious red apple.
- Bricks, Bots & Beakers in PTA Room, 3-4 p.m.
Thursday the 22nd
- Pack Yellow Day.
Bananas, yellow peaches, pineapple, or unsweetened applesauce.
Young Rembrandts in PTA Room until 4 p.m.
Friday the 23rd
- Dooley Spirit Shirt & Jeans or Pack Purple/Blue Day.
A child-friendly way to “pack purple/blue” is with grape juice, snack sized raisins or fresh blueberries.
Plano Balloon Festival this weekend!
Upcoming Events to Note...
- September 28th - Dooley's Dairy Queen Day @ Ave K, 3-10 p.m.
- September 28th, 29th & October 4 - CogAT Administration for 3rd & 5th and select 4th graders
- October 3rd - Choir Rehearsal
Dooley P.E. Dress Policy
More News You Can Use
Free Signing Exact English Sign Language
Click on picture for more info!
Pink is the new Dooley Blue!
These are new Spirit Tees will be on sale for $15 at the front office for staff and students! Orders forms will be sent home soon through the end of the month. Checks will need to be written out to Dooley Elementary School with the student's name, grade level, and ID # needs to be written on the memo line.
Pink is the new Dooley Blue!
The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy...
has just announced the 2016 Dallas Celebration of Reading Student Essay Contest, which is open to North Texas students in grades 4-8.
This year’s essay contest is based on The Hero Two Doors Down, the bestselling children’s book by Sharon Robinson. Contest winners, accompanied by their parents, will be recognized at a special VIP breakfast with Robinson on Monday, October 24, 2016.
Submissions are due Friday, September 30, 2016, by 5:00 p.m. CDT. More details and the contest entry form can be found in the attached PDF, or at www.barbarabush.org/dallascelebrationcontest.
Golden Tickets -- Supporting the Social/Emotional Growth of our Dragons:
Mrs. Ordonez and I recognize respectful Dooley Students on morning announcements daily when they are given a "Golden Ticket" by their classroom teacher or staff member. Students earn the "Golden Ticket" when they follow the Golden Manner Rules demonstrating:
- Respect and good manners at all times
- Care for everyone and everything
- Following directions with thought and care
This has been a great way of recognizing a well-rounded student and highlighting the positive behaviors that lead towards being a life-long leader and learner. Be on the lookout for a “Golden Ticket” in your child’s take home folder.
Safety and Security:
We appreciate the efforts you’ve made as we continue to create the safest environment for our Dragons as they enter and leave the campus. Please continue to follow our campus policy for arrival and dismissal to ensure the safety and security for all Dooley Families. More detailed information is found in the Dooley Parent Handbook provided to you at the beginning of the year.
- Early Bird Drop-off is at the back of the campus from 7-7:20 a.m. for all students desiring an early start and quick access to breakfast.
- From 7:20 to 7:45, arrival takes place at the front of the school. Parents who desire to enter the building to have breakfast with your child should enter through the front office to obtain a visitor's badge obtained with a government issued ID. Breakfast is served until 7:35 to allow students adequate time to eat and get to class by 7:45 a.m.
- Student’s day begins at 7:45 a.m. Arrival after 7:45 a.m. is considered tardy. Excessive tardies (greater than 10, may result in a truancy filing).
- Please have your Blue Dismissal card visible in your car on your front dash from when your child is called to when your child enters your car. This helps with an expedient loading of your child.
- Please respect the flow of traffic by helping to move any booster seats to the right passenger side so that our Safety Patrol and staff do not have to enter the traffic flow to open the door on the side opposite of the loading curb.
- Should your child not be able, yet, to fasten their seat belts independently, please pull over to the left hand lane/parking area, so that you may stop your car to help your child safely secure their safety belts. This helps us maintain the flow of traffic for all of our Dooley Families.
We’ve got spirit yes we do, we’ve got spirit, how about you? If you haven’t had a chance to purchase your spirit wear, it’s not too late. Please contact PTA through this link. Following is our Dress-Up Days for the week:
- Mondays - AVID, College, Armstrong, McMillan, PESH Tees
- Wednesdays- Athletic Wear as we promote Walking to School on Wednesdays and/or committing to walking around the lake.
- Fridays - Dooley Spirit Tees
The school year has kicked in and it still feels like summer, so shorts and tanks are in; however, all students must follow district policy on dress code. Please review the following link. Should a student not be in compliance with dress code, they will be sent to Counselor Cartwright for a change of clothes and/or parent will be contacted to have the option to bring a change of clothes. We want to make sure our students are comfortable and have their personal style within the district policy.
PTA News at your fingertips!
Dooley Fall Picnic
Our fall picnic is around the corner! MARK YOUR CALENDARS for the evening of October 7th and BUY YOUR MEAL TICKETS NOW!! Meal orders are due October 3rd
All Pro Dads
Our first All Pro Dads meeting is Friday, October 7th!! We hope Dads can join us before school with their Dragons!
Dooley Spiritwear Order
The weather will turn cooler soon!! Get your Spiritwear orders in for tees, long sleeve tees, and hoodies NOW!
Dooley Fall Picnic
All Pro Dads
Dooley Dairy Queen Family Spirit Day
Wednesday, September 28th! Join us at Dairy Queen for a treat! 15% of all sales from 3-10pm go back to Dooley PTA!