How to be a Success at GaVS
and in AP Environmental Science
Steps to Success at Georgia Virtual
- Set up and use your GaVL email and Google apps .
- Download, Print and Follow your group's (18, 16 or 14 week) course schedule/syllabus.
- Read the News Items on your course(s) homepage daily.
- Work every day and toward getting and staying ahead of the course's schedule.
- ALWAYS contact me (your teacher) if you have questions or concerns.
Steps to Success in AP Environmental Science
- Read all lessons at least twice and use each units' essential questions to direct your note taking and to later use as a study guide to prepare for tests
- Use the course eTextbook and the reading guide to supplement your content knowledge
- Allocate adequate time to complete assignments (especially labs) BEFORE the assignment deadlines
- Labs should be submitted as a formal lab report - this is a college level course
- Show all work on assignments requiring calculations, plus include correct units
- Discussions are a forum to review and evaluate different perspectives on a topic- so read your classmates' posts
- Use resources like Shmoop and the links in the User Links widget for help with challenging topics and additional practice and review
- Do your own work, but always include and cite resources to support your position for all assignments
- Attend Adobe Connect Office Hours for supplemental lessons and Q and A sessions
- ALWAYS contact me (your teacher) if you do not understand a concept or assignment