The Gayman Gazette
November 15, 2013
Upcoming Important Dates
- November 18th – Report Cards Distributed
- November 18th - 2nd Grade to Churchville Nature Center
- November 22nd – No Kindergarten; Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 25th – No Kindergarten; Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 25th – Evening Parent Conferences
- November 26th – Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM; No Kindergarten – Parent Conferences in the PM
- November 27th – No School
- November 28th & 29th – Thanksgiving Recess – No School
- December 2nd-6th - Secret Shoppe
- December 17th - Holiday Concert
- December 20th - PJ Day - $1.00 Donation
- December 23rd - January 1st - Winter Recess - No School
4th Grade Visits Mercer and Michener Museums
Fourth grade students enjoyed learning about Colonial life by looking at artifacts and art from the 1800's at the Mercer Museum. Students also had the opportunity to view artwork by renowned Bucks County Impressionists along with photographs, costumes and clothing from Princess Grace Kelly's life that are on special exhibit at the Michener Museum.
Secret Shop Coming Soon
This year's Secret Shop will be held from Monday, December 2nd - Thursday, December 5th. There will be an opportunity for you to bring the entire family on Thursday evening from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
For a schedule of when each class will be going to shop and complete details click here.
Volunteers are still needed for assisting students with their shopping lists. If you would like to volunteer, please log on to "SignUp Genius" using the following link:
Holiday Cookie Exchange
Ready to help spread some holiday cheer! GHSA Family Fun Night Committee is hosting a Mother and Daughter holiday cookie exchange. Girls are invited to bring their mom, or a friend or relative for an evening of cookies, crafts and holiday cheer!
When: Friday, December 13th from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Cost: $1.00 per person for supplies
What to bring: 3 dozen cookies (preferably peanut free; GHSA will provide take-home containers) and copies of your recipe.
To join in the festivities click here and return by Friday. December 6th.
Boomerang Nominations Due
Nominations for the November Boomerang Award are due this Tuesday, November 19th. This month’s asset is #33, Interpersonal Competence. Does your child have strong empathy and friendship skills? Is he or she caring and sensitive to the needs and feelings of others? If so, you may want to nominate your child using the nomination form found by clicking here.
Friday, November 15, Morning Newscast
This morning's newscast is available for viewing below. The password required to view the taped newscast is Mustang.
VISIT US ON THE WEB
Gayman Elementary School
4440 Point Pleasant Pike