Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
March 21st - 24th
What's Happening This Week?
As a treat during our last week before Spring Break, we're having Spirit Week! Here are this week's themes:
Monday - Wacky Hair Day
Tuesday - Super Hero Day
Wednesday - Silly Sock Day
Thursday - Class Color Day (each class picks a color)
I hope to see every student participating - Spirit Week is my favorite part of the school year!
As a side note, lately we've been seeing a lot of students with headaches, coughs, or sore throats. While some cases have been a sign of something more, it's that time of the year where seasonal allergies begin to affect us! We've been making a lot of phone calls home because of the limited amount of things we can do for students in the classroom. If you'd like to keep something at school for your child, please contact the office for more information.
In the classroom, we're concluding our big history unit, as well as delving deeper into fractions and working more with inferring the meaning of words and phrases in Daily 5. It should be an exciting week!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Inferring the meaning of words; finishing up informative writing; and, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.
- Reading Groups: Comprehension within our new books.
- Social Studies: Finishing our unit on different parts of Asheville history.
- Math: Continuing our unit on fractions!
We're really beginning to run low on:
- Paper towels
- Lined notebook paper
We can always use more snack! Some great snack options are:
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
Thank you for your generosity!