by: Hedeza, Clair, and Daniel
- Sore throat
- Back pain or stiffness
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Pain or stiffness in the arms or legs
- Muscle spasms or tenderness
If you have any of these symptoms you need to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible these are signs of polio.
- Medications for urinary retention
- Moist heat to reduce muscle pain and spasms
- Painkillers to reduce headache, muscle pain, and spasms
- Physical therapy, braces or corrective shoes, or orthopedic surgery to help recover muscle strength and function
You cannot treat polio but you can sooth the effects.
Most ways to prevent polio are vaccines but a few are pills. these both can be issued when a person is young and old and should be taken once every 10-15 years or whenever there are cases around. Another prevention method are drops that can be given in the mouth.