Lake Fenton High School
May 2021 - Building Updates
Hello Lake Fenton Families,
We are down to the last 3 1/2 weeks of school and so much still to accomplish. Spring sports have been going strong, seniors are down to the last few days of their high school career before graduation, and underclassmen are wrapping up another year getting ready for a much needed summer break.
But before we mentally check out, there are many things still going on here at LFHS that can help you finish the year strong and round out another successful school year.
Please take the time to read through this important newsletter detailing upcoming activities and opportunities available to your child. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (810)591-9591.
Kate VanHouten Ed. S
High School Principal
Lake Fenton Community Schools
UPCOMING EVENTS/IMPORTANT DATES
- May 17-18 Cap and Gown Distribution (Seniors only)
- May 19 Baccalaureate 7:00PM in Auditorium (Seniors only)
- May 19 Senior Exams 4-6 (Seniors do not need to attend 1-3 periods)
- May 20 Senior Exams 1-3 (Seniors do not need to attend 4-6 periods)
- May 21 Senior Tailgate 4:00PM @ Sports Complex (Seniors only)
- May 21 Reverse Parade 6:00PM-7:00PM @LFHS Parking Lot (ALL INVITED)
- May 31 No School - Memorial Day Break
- June 4 Student of the Month Breakfast 7:30AM-8:30AM
- June 4 Commencement Practice LFHS Football Field 12:00PM (Seniors only)
- June 6 Commencement LFHS Football Field 11:00AM *If Weather is Conducive *Tickets Only
- June 8 1st Hour Exam (Full Day of School)
- June 9 2nd, 3rd, 4th Hour Exams (Full Day of School)
- June 10th 5th, 6th Hour Exams (Half Day of School 8:30-11:30AM)
- June 10th Chromebook and Textbook Collection
- June 21-July 29 Summer School - Contact your School Counselor for details
LFHS END OF YEAR UPDATES - WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
- Underclassmen Awards are still in our high school office! If your child did not participate in our Awards ceremonies on May 5th and 6th, we still have their award packets in the office. These can be picked up any time between 7:30AM and 3:30PM Monday through Friday
- Underclassmen Exam Schedule is below. All students both in person and at home will need to follow the altered schedules for final assessments. Any blended student requesting to attend assessments in person, may notify their teachers
- All assessments must be completed on district provided chromebooks unless approved by administration and students must have video on at all times showing students fully and clearly. Failure to do so will result in alternative assessment (Exceptions made for select courses approved by administration)
- All student absences must be reported by the parent/guardian to the attendance clerk at 810-591-9592 and all technical issues must be reported to the teacher and if necessary the technology department
- Parents/Students must provide an authentic assessment environment at home for remote students (student should be free of distractions, no groups of students, fully charged chromebook, etc)
- Any technical issues/absences/breach of assessment environment expectations -- will require students to take an alternative makeup assessment
- Finals will be worth 10% of overall course for second semester
- Chromebooks, textbooks and other school materials will be collected Thursday, June 10th after final exams are complete
This is a 5 week program for high school credit recovery running from June 21-July 29 (no classes week of July 4th). Registration starts May 24th and the program is FREE this year. Please take advantage of this opportunity!
CONSTRUCTION AT LFHS
For more details across the district, please read our District Newsletter.
Lake Fenton District Beliefs
We believe all students and staff work and learn best in a Positive school environment.
We believe all students and staff are responsible for creating a Respectful school environment.
We believe all students and staff thrive when demonstrating Independent thinking.
We believe all students and staff benefit from trustworthy and Dependable relationships.
Lake Fenton Mission
Learning For Continuous Success (L.F.C.S.)
Lake Fenton District Vision
Lake Fenton Community Schools through shared leadership, will educate all students to achieve their highest potential in a positive, safe and student-centered environment.