Bessie Coleman Middle School News
May 18, 2015
Quote for the Week
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.
Absent From Work
* The two days before or after a school holiday.
* Days scheduled for end-of-semester or end-of-year exams.
* Days scheduled for state testing.
* Professional or staff development days.
* During the first or last 15 instructional days of the school year.
* Discretionary leave cannot be used for more than three consecutive day without prior approval.
* A maximum of 10% of campus employees in each job category will be permitted to take discretionary personal leave at the same time.
Let's Keep It Real!!
Step 1: Teacher/Student Conference
Step 2: Parent/Teacher Conference
Step 3: Assign and alternate discipline activity----Detention, etc..
Step 4: Complete Referral ( you, the teacher, must communicate with the parent that a referral is being written)
We want to exhaust all steps prior to writing a referral. Give the parent an opportunity to correct the issue. All of the aforementioned steps should be documented in Skyward.
End of the Day Check-Out Procedure
Book Study 2015-2016
During the school year we will study "Training Camp" by John Gordon.