Top Ten Tips for Pitching the Media
Helpful Tips for Professionals New to Pitching
David Jolly is a public relations associate at an award-winning strategic communications and marketing firm in San Francisco with additional offices in New York and London. Jolly has been pitching and securing media placements for clients since 2010 and is leading this webinar to share what he's learned over the years.
Please join him as he discusses tips for working with the media as the webinar will take place on my site: http://www.davidrjolly.com
Top Ten Tips for Pitching the Media: Helpful Tips for Professionals New to Pitching
Saturday, March 21st, 5-5:15pm
This is an online event.
All public relations professionals have to start somewhere when it comes to working with the media. Rather you are a new graduate and have just started your career in the industry or recently made the switch to public relations from a different industry, this webinar will be a a great stepping stone to get you started in landing your first of many media placements.
By implementing several simple tactics that will be covered, those in attendance should gain a better understanding of how to work with the media.
Please follow this link to tune in for the webinar: http://www.davidrjolly.com
Topics that will be covered include
- Tip 1: Generate an interesting story angle
- Tip 2: Identify the appropriate media outlets
- Tip 3: Identify the appropriate journalist and/or reporters
- Tip 4: Draft your pitches
- Tip 5: Do a test run with your pitch
- Tip 6: Email your pitches to your targeted list
- Tip 7: The important follow-up email
- Tip 8: Determine if a cold call is needed
- Tip 9: Coordinating an interview
- Tip 10: Celebrating a media placement