First Week of School! August 24, 2015
A Principal's Perspective
What an awesome week to focus on our GP mission that is possible! It was a great time to focus on why You Matter! We can do legendary things together for our students where the school year is successful and matters to each of our students and families! Thank you for a super week of fellowship, team work, learning, and fun! We are ready for a legendary 2015-2016 school year!
In meeting with the CSISD Success Team, Dr. Ealy ended our meeting by sharing an excerpt from his morning devotion. I would like to share it with you as well.
"We need to remember that the disciples were common men given a compelling task. Before they were the stained-glassed saints in the windows of cathedrals, they were somebody's next-door neighbors trying to make a living and raise a family. They weren't cut from theological cloth or raised on supernatural milk. But they were an ounce more devoted than they were afraid and, as a result, did some extraordinary things." Max Lucado
I hope that we too have an ounce more devotion to our mission than we are afraid. We can do extraordinary things this year!
Be Legendary - See the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:30): Shafer
Gym (7:20): Madden
Cafeteria (7:20): Lewis
Bus (7:20 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Paine
Parent Drop Off Traffic: Prukop
Parent Drop Off: Sullivan & Owen
Librarian: At GP
Week at a Glance
Monday: First Day of School!!! Kinder Boo Hoo/Yah Hoo Breakfast 7:45-8:15
Tuesday: Kinder & First Parent Orientation 6:00-7:30
Wednesday: Open Tech Support with Parr 3:15-4:00
News & Notes
- Campus Social Focus: Mustang Spirit. Please show video in your class.
- Nuts & Bolts Prezi posted in Teacher Scratch under Nuts & Bolts Prezi.
- Grade levels and teams: During your conference time, please stop in the front entry to take a grade level picture behind the super hero backdrop. We will have the GP letters. If you have other props you would like to have in your picture, please bring them. We borrowed a red chalkboard last year, if you have that and don't mind sharing again, please bring it in the morning. Office staff will take the picture for each team.
- Students will come straight to class beginning at 7:30. Morning assembly at 2:30 on Monday.
- Morning duty traffic: Support staff will do morning traffic duty so that classroom teachers can be in their classrooms! Thank you specialists!!
Mustang Yee Haws!
Thank you to all of the presenters this week! I appreciate your work in preparing and presenting to help us learn.
Thank you Kathryn Ballard for all of the behind the scenes logistical work such as bus signs, morning assembly logistics, etc. to help make the first day successful! Spending the night at GP is not recommended :)