Grading Policy & T3 Finals Schedule
*All ISD 196 High Schools have the same policy for 2021-22
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en el botón "Traducir" arriba o en el lado derecho de esta página.
Tarjumida Wargeyskan fadlan riix batoonka "Translate" kore ama dhinaca midig ee boggan.
لترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية ، يرجى النقر فوق الزر "ترجمة" أعلى أو على الجانب الأيمن من هذه
RHS Students and Families -
The intent of this newsletter is to provide ISD 196/RHS grading policies and timelines for the 2021-22 school year. This will explain district and school policy in general terms. Please connect with individual teachers regarding specific course requirements, late work policies and grading that apply to that individual class.
RHS Assistant Administrator - Scheduling & Operations
ISD 196 High School Grading Policy for 2021-22
Students are expected to fully attend, participate, engage in the entire course
Teacher professional judgment determines appropriate grade based on essential learnings and appropriate curriculum, instruction and assessments as prescribed by MDE & ISD 196 requirements
Teachers, students and families utilize Schoology platform and grades for the process of learning and communication throughout the course
Students earn the corresponding grade in Campus, based on their learning, for the final grade in the course to be used for transcripts and report cards
End of term grades to be posted in Campus (for transcripts and report cards):
Grades A through D- are final, posted marks
Receive credit towards graduation & factor into G.P.A.
Grade of F is a final, posted mark
Does not receive credit & does factor into G.P.A.
Grade of NC (No Credit)* is a final, posted mark
Does not receive credit & does not factor into G.P.A.
- Grade of P (Pass)* is a final, posted mark
- Does receive credit & does not factor into G.P.A.
Grade of I+ (Incomplete) is a temporary placeholder, not a grade/credit
A student with an I+ will have the 2 week Incomplete Period immediately following the end of the trimester to complete work to earn a letter grade (A - F)
Provided in unique circumstances, usually students missing final exams at the end of the trimester due to extended illness, etc.
See Pass/No Credit Policy*
See RHS Counseling Web Page: Resources> Academics> Forms
A student may select ONE course per trimester to designate with a Pass/No Credit option. For this course, a student who fully attends, participates and completes all components of the course successfully may change the passing letter grade (A - D-) to a P (Pass) or may change an F to an NC (No Credit).
Deadline for submitting permission form is one week past the Friday of Parent Teacher Conferences.
Grade 12 Graduation Week
- Tuesday, May 31 & Wednesday, June 1 - Regular school days for seniors
- Thursday, June 2 - Last school day of the year for seniors
- Friday, June 3 - Seniors report to RHS at 9:10am for graduation rehearsal
- Saturday, June 4 - Graduation at 7pm - Mariucci Arena
See RHS Graduation page for details: HERE.
Grades 9, 10 & 11 Finals Week Schedule - See Below
-ISD 196 Graduates in good academic standing are exempted from Finals Week
-Grade 12 students needing academic assistance during finals week are to contact their teachers and counselor and/or case manager to make arrangements.
Attendance During Finals Week
- Attendance is required for all periods every day of finals week.
- Students are expected to remain in class until the end of each academic day (2:30pm).
- Students should not be called out by parent/guardian unless for a prearranged appointment or other family determined situation that requires leaving school.
- Parent/guardians can contact teachers with academic questions for completing school work to end the trimester at any time.
Trimester 3 Final Examination Week - Last Week of Trimester : June 6, 7 & 8
Trimester 3 Final Examination Day Schedules - 3 Day Format
Final Examination Periods by Day:
Day 1 - Period 3
- Students report to Period 1 at 7:40am and attend all periods for shortened period
- Period 3 Final Examination Period is after 5th Period lunch
Day 2 - Periods 2, 4, 6
- Students report to Period 2 at 7:40am for the Period 2 Final Examination Period
- Students do not report to Periods 1, 3, 5 or 7; only Periods 2, 4 & 6 for Finals.
Day 3 - Periods 1, 5, 7
- Students report to Period 1 at 7:40am for the Period 1 Final Examination Period
- Students do not report to Periods 2, 3, 4 or 6; only Periods 1, 5 & 7 for Finals.
Lunch Assignments by Day:
Day 1 - Regular 5th period Lunch Schedule
Day 2 & 3 - Advisory Lunch Schedule
- Students eat lunch based on Advisory (by grade)
- Grade 11 reports to lunch, then to Advisory
- Grades 9 & 10 report to Advisory, then are dismissed to lunch accordingly
- Advisory is to be used for academic study, support and intervention during this time
- Is your OS updated?
- Did you reinstall apps?
- Do you have at least 15 gigs of free space and do a restart?
- Is your iPad charged?
Click the link below for more information on CRITICAL UPDATES and additional information.