Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Lane Buffkin, Jason Martin
- Fuel cells have been apart of science for 100 plus years.
- The first fuel cell was invented by William Robert Grove.
- In the 1960's NASA used fuel cells for a space mission.
- In 2007 Fuel cells started to be sold commercially.
Can be RENEWABLE and NONRENEWABLE!
- Backup energy sources to hospitals and wilderness locations.
- Powers cell phones, laptops, and military appliances for long periods or time.
- Powers automobiles.
- Propels space shuttles.
Why should you use hydrogen fuel cells?
- It is a very promising energy carrier.
- It is a low pollution fuel.
- Better way to heat your home.
- Allows power generation in places difficult to use electricity.
- Can be used as a more environmental friendly alternative to gas in our cars.