The Viking View - Families
Imagine ~ Inspire ~ Innovate
From the desk of Principal Williams
I hope your family has had some time over the break to enjoy each other. Steele Lane has been working hard to transition and be ready for Hybrid In-Person Learning. I am so excited to welcome students back to campus next week. Please read all of the information below to help support you and your student's return to school.
Most of the information within this week's Viking View is for families who have chosen the HYBRID (In-Person) Model. Thank you for ensuring that you read all communication during this time of change.
Our Main Office will open back up on Monday at 7:45AM. If you need any help at that time, give us a call.
Next week our Teachers & Staff will be in training as we prepare to re-open our campuses. All students will be participating in independent, online work Monday-Wednesday next week. Continue to check your current teacher's Seesaw/Google Classroom for information on the tasks for each day.
We will not transition until Thursday, April 1st.
With much gratitude,
Class Placement Information - Hybrid & Distance Learning ONLY
- Stable Group A starts on Thursday, April 1st.
- Stable Group B starts on Friday, April 2nd.
Hybrid Schedule Reminders - Please use the picture to the right for a reminder on in-person days (2 days a week) and then 3 days online.
- After the first two days, Stable Group A will be in person on Mondays & Tuesdays. Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are online at home.
- After the first two days, Stable Group B will in online Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Thursdays & Fridays they will be in person.
If you have chosen Distance Learning ONLY, then you should continue to check email for information on who your child's teacher will be. Some of you may not get information until next week. The District Office is working on assigning a Guest (Substitute) Teacher to the Distance Learning ONLY classes. Please Note: Some of these Distance Learning ONLY classes are associated with NEW SRCS school sites. This information should have been shared with you.
As I said - Keep checking email and read all communication that you receive regarding the transition that will happen on April 1st.
Daily Health Screener in Parent Square
Parent Square can also be accessed on a computer/Chromebook. Here is the link: https://www.parentsquare.com/signin
This step is required each in-person day for your students and you cannot send students without completing this!
We have made many phone calls supporting families call us if you need help!
Stay involved in your child's learning and download the ParentSquare App on iOS or Android devices today! Click below:
Arrival to Campus for Hybrid
BusingIf your student would normally ride the bus to school, then there will be an option for them to ride the bus during the Hybrid Model. It is so important that you remember what days your student is on campus. Remember that it is only 2 days a week and these days depend on which group your student is assigned - Stable Group A & Stable Group B.
The bussing will have safety protocols and procedures in place and they will also be operating with half the amount of students.
Drop Off/Pick Up
We will have staff present to help students find their assigned colored zone based on their grade level when they are dropped off since parents are not able to come onto campus.
Please drive carefully when dropping off your student in front of the school. Students should only exit on the curbside of the car.
Surveillance Testing Information - REQUIRED
The return to in-person school will require that we test our students for COVID-19 once every two weeks. While in the Red Tier, testing is required as part of our COVID-19 Safety Plan to keep our community safe.
The test is easy and can be done by the student (see video below). We’re excited to announce that we’re partnering with the California Department of Health’s Valencia Branch Lab and a company named COLOR for this testing.
Click this link:https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=49709126052195students to register your child for testing. This link is specific to your child’s school site.
A parent or guardian must register any minor under 18 years old. You’ll give a one-time consent and HIPAA authorization to share their results with the school and district. All questions included in registration are required for California state public health reporting. You’ll be asked for insurance information, but please note this program is free.
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and healthy school community.
Read our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Watch this video: Demonstration of Self Swabbing for Students
Important Links for Returning to School On Campus
- Handwashing Video (CDC)
- Kid-Friendly Handwashing Video
- Covering Coughs and Sneezes Video
- Kid-Friendly Mask Wearing Video
- Going Back to School Video
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.