The Brooklyn Buzz
September 6, 2019
IN THIS EDITION:
- Summary of the week
- Spirit Wear
- Pictures Day Make
- Brooklyn Buzz - What is it?
- 7th Graders - Immunizations
- Information from the nurse
- Emergency Medical Forms/Contact Information
- Pictures for PK and absent
- Expectations at Football games
- Drop off/Pick up times
- Drop off/ Pick up procedures
- Music Boosters
- Important Dates
- Contacting Brooklyn School
Summary of the week
We had picture day today. The kids looked great and were so excited to stand on the stage. This was the first year, we used the auditorium for pictures and the process went really well.
Tonight we have our first home varsity football game.
The teachers and students have worked really hard on routines, expectations etc. It is evident when you walk through the halls and see all the great work and watch the kids walk through the hallways. Our students are RISE ing up each and every day. I hope you have the opportunity to discuss all the great things they are learning.
Thank you for all your support and commitment to Brooklyn School!
Mrs. Cristin Cicco
Spirit Wear on Sale
Orders are due by September 11th.
Checks payable to EmbroidMe.
Thank you to our Law Enforcment
Our Brooklyn Police Department collected and donated a lot of school supplies. These supplies have already been useful. Thank you!
Many of our classrooms have created flexible seating options for the kids. They really enjoy having options to work.
We added more chrome books to our classrooms this year. This classroom is working independently on an assessment online.
Thank you to our Law Enforcment
What is Brooklyn Buzz?
7th Grade Immunizations
If your child is in 7th grade, please make sure all immunization requirements have been met and the form has been filled out and turned in.
Here is the information regarding the requirements and the form that needs to be filled out and returned to the school. Please contact Brooklyn School with any questions.
From the Nurse
Would you please notify the clinic of any health concerns (newly diagnosed or chronic illnesses, allergies etc.) that your child may have so we can best care for them during their time here at school.
The clinic phone number is (216) 485-8179, or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Also please update your contact information as these are the numbers we use to contact you in the event of an illness or injury situation. Updates are also required for your student to participate in any Field Trip (off campus) activities.
ONLINE Emergency Medical Authorization/ Contact Forms
Emergency Medical Authorization Forms:
We are using an online Emergency Medical/Contact forms. Please go to the Brooklyn Schools Home page. There is a big gold link in the middle of the homepage - Click Here to Update Medical Forms. This needs to be filled out for all students, as it includes information for student contact information and more. These forms have to be filled out on a computer or tablet. You will not be able to fill this form out on your phone.
Current Brooklyn Families:
Go to the parent portal site: https://brooklyn.esvportal.com/
Create an account if you do not have one. How to create an account
Once you create an account, link your students to your account. (Note: Students can only be linked to one parent account. Please create only one account per household)
Once linked, you will be able to update your student(s) EMA and Demographic information and submit it to the district.
This year, they have already done so much. Here are just a few things...
- Treats for Kindergarten Orientation
- Snacks and welcomed Kindergarten families on their first day.
- Support field trips and classroom needs
Our PTA held the first meeting of the year this week. PTA will meet the first Thursday of each month at 6:30. The meetings are in the High School in room173.
If you haven't joined PTA yet the membership form is attached.
First homeroom with 100% participation in PTA will receive a reward in October.
Football Season is in the air - please read to see our expectations of students at the games.
- Students will sit in the student section unless they are sitting with a guardian.
- Students will not run behind the stadium.
- There is no playing football or other sports in the grassy areas.
- No backpacks are allowed at the games.
- No profanity allowed at the games.
- Don't walk on the track.
- Brooklyn students are not allowed on the visitor's side.
- If you leave the game you can't come back in.
- Make sure that your ride picks you up on time.
School Hours - Arrival Times and Departure Times (Kindergarten - 12th)
The doors will open for students beginning at 7:30 each school day. Please plan accordingly when dropping off your child in the morning. School starts at 8 am. Breakfast will be available from 7:30 am to 8:00am. Please see the drop off procedures below.
Students will be released from class to depart at 3:11 pm. Please see pick up procedures below.
School is in session from 8:00 am to 3:11 pm.
Drop Off/Pick Up procedures
3 Lots - Blue, Gold & White
Grades K - 3 ~ BLUE LOT drop off and pick up
Grades 4-7 ~ GOLD LOT drop off an pick up
Grades 8-12 ~ WHITE LOT drop off and pick up (students from the high school will not be permitted to cut through our school to pick up siblings, they can meet them at the exit for the white lot.
To assist in the flow of traffic, we are asking that students be dropped off and picked up based on the oldest child.
For example ~
- If your oldest child is in grades 8-12, use the WHITE LOT in the back of the HS to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades 4-7, use the GOLD LOT at the main entrance of the PK-7 building to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades K-3, use the BLUE LOT off of Behrwald Avenue to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
September 9th ~
- Picture Day Preschool (Candids /Retakes K-7)
Contacting Brooklyn School Personnel
Attendance Line ~ (216) 485-8171
- When reporting your child off, please include: first and last name of the child, grade, reason for absence, who is reporting the child off and a number you can be reached.
Mrs. Cristin Cicco ~ Principal
Ms. Lara Smith ~ Assistant Principal
Mrs. Annie Bir ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades 4-7)
Mrs. Denise Smith ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades PK-3)
(216) 485 - 8173
Mrs. Laura Paul ~ Brooklyn School Secretary