Happenings Around Dry Creek Elementary
Valentine's Day will be celebrated the week of February 8th.
- Students are welcome to bring valentines and boxes.
- Students will need to bring valentines between Monday and Wednesday (2/8-2/10)
- We will hold the Valentine's Day Celebration on Friday, February 12th.
- Valentines must be placed in student's bags/boxes by Wednesday, February 10th.
- Valentines will sit without others touching them for 48 hours before students can read/eat them.
- No communal food (baked goods, homemade goodies, etc.)
- Students can bring candy treats if they are in original packaging from the manufacturer (example: Snickers bar, fruit snack, etc.)
For more information or specific questions regarding Valentine's Day, please contact your student's teacher or call the main office at (720) 554-3300.
Please note: We have moved the Virtual Open House from January 20th to January 27th.
Do you have or know an incoming Kindergarten student? Do you have a friend or neighbor looking for a school home? Invite them to our upcoming Virtual Open House on January 27th. This event will give prospective families an overview of Dry Creek. Participants can expect a virtual tour of the school, hear from the principal, teachers, parents, and be able to ask questions about registration. Let your neighbors and friends know about this event, especially our new Kindergarten families! The flyer below can be shared with any prospective families!
Upcoming Parent Engagement Opportunities
P.A.S.S. Meeting -
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:00pm
PTCO - General Meeting
The next PTCO General Meeting is February 4, 2021 at 8:30am.
The next Accountability Meeting will be February 17, 2021 at 6:00pm
Dry Creek - 2021-22 Enrollment Plans Survey
If you have not already, please complete the survey with enrollment plans for the 2021-22 school year. We are in the process of gearing up for the next school year. Prospective in-district and non-resident families are submitting requests for enrollment for the 2021-22 school year. This information will help us plan for classes and staff placements for next year. For families that have multiple students, please complete one survey per student.
Please complete the survey by January 27, 2021. Thank you and Go Explorers!
Please direct questions to Jill Exley, Registrar at email@example.com or call (720) 554-3300.
COVID Saliva Testing
All elementary school staff and students are eligible to participate in RANDOM AND OPTIONAL school-based testing through COVIDCheck Colorado at no cost to identify asymptomatic children and adults. For students, this test collects saliva instead of using a nasal swab. The school-based testing will begin Jan. 11 and run through March 12 of this year.
Testing is not mandatory and will not be performed without parental permission, but it is strongly encouraged as a critical safety strategy.
As a reminder, all students, staff and parents can always sign up for a COVID test at no cost at any of COVIDCheck Colorado’s locations.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ONGOING RANDOM AND OPTIONAL SCHOOL-BASED TESTING CLICK HERE: https://www.primarybio.com/l/cherry. PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK “YES” ON THE QUESTIONNAIRE BEFORE THE CONSENT FORM.
Starting on Jan. 11, a small sample of elementary students and staff (K-5th) will be selected each school day for testing in the morning in the nurse’s clinic at school. Students will be supervised by school nurses and health technicians while producing their saliva sample of 0.5 ml (one-tenth of a teaspoon). Participants (students and staff) cannot eat or drink anything for 30 minutes prior to submitting their saliva test.
Please watch this video for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIX2tBAIX9s&feature=youtu.be
Parents/guardians will be notified multiple times prior to testing and by phone or email by the school if their student participated that day. Families will receive text or email notification of a negative result and will receive a text/email AND a phone call from a National Jewish Health provider if their student tests positive (so they can review isolation dates, quarantine information for family AND prevent their student from returning to school until their infectious time period is over).
Here are important additional details about the saliva testing process:
- Parent/guardians must provide positive consent (electronically) to COVIDCheck Colorado and CCSD for ongoing school-based saliva COVID testing by signing the form linked above.
- During the week prior to testing, a pool list of potential participants who have signed the positive consent will be sent to the school nurse. This list will contain more participants than will be tested the following week, which allows for absences, illness/symptoms, students who cannot go without food or drink for 30 minutes and families who choose to opt out.
- Parents/guardians of students in this pool list of potential participants will receive an email communication from CCSD informing them their student MAY BE selected next week to participate in asymptomatic saliva testing.
- The communication will state that their school nurse will call them the afternoon before to let them know that their student can test tomorrow if they are present, have no COVID-like symptoms and have not had anything to eat or drink 30 minutes prior to testing (in the morning before 10:30 a.m.), and to confirm that they still want to be tested.
- The number of times your student is tested will depend on how many people at your school signed consent forms to allow testing. On average, it will be about once a month and a student will not be tested more than once every 14 days.
- Families may opt out of testing at any time by emailing or calling their school nurse or principal.
- The school nurse and/or principal will notify Michelle Weinraub, Director of Health Services, of families who opt out so they can be removed from the potential testing list (and then will no longer receive communications about saliva testing at school).
Clothing Donations for the Nurse's Clinic
Our nursing clinic is in need of clothing donations. Needed sizes and items listed below. If you are able to donate clothing, please drop them by the office or to your student's teacher.
Boys underwear sizes 5/6, 7/8
Boys pants sizes 5/6, 7/8
Boys shorts sizes 3T, 4T, 5, 8, 10, 12
Girls long sleeve shirts sizes 5, 6, 7, 8
Girls short sleeve shirts sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14
Girls shorts: all sizes
Girls pants: all sizes
Kindergarten Round Up
Incoming Kindergarten families to Dry Creek are asked to register for Kindergarten between February 1-February 5, 2021.
We encourage parents to pre-register their kindergarten-aged students for the coming school year. This helps us plan our school staff needs and provides parents with the needed information to help prepare for that important first year of school. Students currently attending a CCSD preschool do not need to register for Kindergarten. Non-Resident applications will be available online April 1st.
School of Choice Applications
The Cherry Creek School District gives it's district residents the opportunity to apply for enrollment in the Cherry Creek school/program of their choice. Families may request that their child attend a Cherry Creek school outside the assigned attendance area. The School of Choice application is available online during the month of January. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your application as late applications will not be accepted.
There are NO PAPER FORMS available for the School of Choice application process.
Applications are considered based on lottery and space availability. Priority is given to students with siblings currently attending the requested school and projected to return the following year. Priority is also given to children of district employees. There is a limit of one (1) application per student and all information is verified for accuracy.
Parents are notified of the results by March 15th. Appeals may be submitted in writing to District Admissions by April 15th. The Appeals Committee will review all letters received, and parents will be notified of the final decision by May 15th.
Free Breakfast and Lunch Extended to the End of Year
Food and Nutrition Services will continue to operate meal distribution sites on Mondays, starting January 11th. Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for all students 18 years and younger in any of the learning model through the end of the school year.
Language Translation Resources
Families who need Dry Creek Elementary communication translated, please contact the liaison listed:
Please contact Jill Exley at firstname.lastname@example.org for support with this resource in your language.
እነዝህን መረጃዎችን በተመለከተ በቋንቋዎ ዕገዛን ለማግኘት ከፈለጉ እባክዎን ተሊሌን በዝህ እሜይል ያግኙዋት email@example.com
يرجى الاتصال بـ (جميعة صباحي أو جاودة العلمي) على (firstname.lastname@example.org أو
email@example.com للحصول على الدعم مع هذا المورد باللغة العربية.
귀하의 언어로 이 자원에 대한 지원을 원하시면 (리아 리) 에게 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 문의하십시오.
Пожалуйста, обращайтесь к Ларисе Бака по адресу: email@example.com для получения поддержки с помощью этого ресурса на своём языке.
Fadlan la xiriir Omar Nur cinwaanka firstname.lastname@example.org si aad u hesho macluumaad ku qoran luqadaada.
Si necesita ayuda con este recurso en su idioma, póngase en contacto con Ilse Chavez Maldonado en email@example.com, Rosa Han en firstname.lastname@example.org, Helena Gognat en email@example.com o Milagro Nuanes en firstname.lastname@example.org
Vui lòng liên hệ với Thuý Ngọc tại Lchung2@cherrycreekschools.org để được hỗ trợ về tài nguyên này bằng tiếng Việt.