Montessori Academy of Lancaster
Welcome and Welcome Back!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are very excited to greet you and your children over the next couple of weeks!
We are starting the school year with over 250 children. We have 2 Toddler classrooms, beginning at age 18 months, 6 Primary classrooms, 2 Lower Elementary and 2 Upper Elementary classrooms.
This year, as we await the new addition, our “gym” has become the classroom for our Upper Elementary friends. We will all be spending recess and gross motor in the outdoors. We are thankful to have the acreage and space for learning and exploring outside of the classroom!
Thank you for your continued support of our school!
Except for our Elementary friends, I strongly suggest that everyone use the car line for dropping off and picking up your child. This year, we will start car line at 8:40 A.M. and will end at 9:00 A.M. If you are later than 9:00 A.M. you will need to park and bring your child into school.
We are hoping to move the car line safely and quickly-with safety being a priority. We need your help!
- If your child’s seatbelt is already unbuckled and they are ready to get out of the car, that will be helpful.
- Please be sure to pull all the way up to the white crosswalk, use your visor sign, drive slowly
- DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR, refrain from conversations with your child’s teacher and please observe our “NO CELL PHONE ZONE” POLICY.
- On rainy days it is especially helpful if your child is unbuckled and ready to get out of the car quickly.
- Please do not go around other cars that are unloading unless you are directed by one of the staff members.
- Be sure to observe and obey the DO NOT ENTER sign that is paced to prevent drivers from driving from the the lower parking lot and entrance to the upper parking lot closest to the school. Traffic uses that lane for exiting the car line.
- It also makes us VERY nervous when we see children poking their heads out of the sun roof in the car line!
Noon dismissal starts at 11:50 and the end of day dismissal starts at 2:50 for Toddler and Primary friends. Elementary hours are 8:30-3:15.
At the end of day dismissal, a teacher will put your child in their car seat, but we do NOT buckle them. Please drive slowly to the parking lot to buckle your child.
Thank you for your patience and support!
Virtue of the Month - September: Peacefulness
The virtue for the month of September is “Peacefulness”. Primary and Elementary classes practice virtues each month. You will receive virtue vouchers from your child’s teacher to send to school when your child practices each month’s virtue at home.
International Day of Peace
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE
Saturday, September 21, 2019 is the International Day of Peace. Individuals, organizations and nations from around the world will celebrate on this day that was established by the United Nations in 1981 as an opportunity for all humanity to contemplate and practice peace at the same time.
All our friends at Montessori Academy will participate on Friday, September 20th by making symbols of peace which they will carry as we parade around the car line loop. Additionally, we will sing Peace songs and listen to some of the Elementary friends’ poems about peace.
We will gather at our Peace Pole where it says, “May Peace Prevail on Earth” in 4 different languages. We will invite children and parents to say those words in their native tongue!! It is a beautiful celebration embracing many of the components of Maria Montessori’s Peace Education. Please plan to join us!! We will be asking all children to wear their Montessori Academy t-shirts that day!
8/26 - First Day of School for Kindergarten and Elementary Students
8/28 - Phase in for 4 year-olds
8/30 - NO SCHOOL
9/2 - NO SCHOOL
9/3 - Phase -in for 3 year-olds
9/12 - Elementary Back to School night
9/20 - International Day of Peace Celebration
9/22 - Montessori Community Day