Woods Lake Elementary
Weekly Update November 23-27, 2020
Hello Woods Lake Family,
Monday will be the only day of school for students! There will be food distributed on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 from any of the 23 locations. Anyone can pick up a meal for a student. The distribution hours are 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. with five sites offering extended hours until 1:30 p.m. There will be additional food totaling seven days to cover the holiday break!
Thank you for coming to our school last week to get your child’s curriculum for the upcoming second trimester, beginning November 30th. Our new daily schedule will be provided by your child’s classroom teacher!
Our Woods Lake PTO sponsored Fall 2020 Scholastic Book Fair has begun. The dates are November 20 through December 3, 2020. The link to our virtual book fair is: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/woodslakeelementaryschool.
Parents, please send the picture of your child holding their thankful puppets via email to our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 24, 2020. We are excited about sharing the completed family projects!
Finally, I want to encourage you to enjoy some time with loved ones and a good book during our Thanksgiving break!
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
Micole D. Dyson, Ph.D.
A Special Thank You to...
- Big Apple Bagel located at 3811 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Chick-Fil-A located at 6202 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49002
- Treat Street located at 3023 Oakland Drive in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Taco Bell located at 3233 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Sawall located at 2965 Oakland Drive in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- B2 Outlet Stores located at 5027 West Main in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
We are thankful for the bagels, gift cards, ice cream, tacos, clothes, and health products!
November 20- December 3rd! PTO Sponsored Woods Lake Fall 2020 Scholastic Book Fair!
Parent and Family Community Project
Your child received materials to create their Thankful Puppets! Please email a picture of your child holding their thankful puppet to email@example.com by Tuesday, November 24, 2020. We are excited about sharing our Woods Lake Family thankful projects!
Watch for the slideshow on our district webpage!
Our PTO invites you to the Woods Lake Virtual Village Facebook Page, click on this link.
Who Do I Call?
Scheduling/Appointments: Mrs. Janice Garneau
Assistant Secretary: Mrs. Browning
Behavioral Support: Mrs. Natalie Orbe
Communities In School: Ms. Blaec Arevalo
Unresolved Issues: Dr. Micole D. Dyson
The Learning Hub has a Social Emotional Learning webpage with a Family SEL Guide and interactive links, PDFs to print, and more!
GRATITUDE: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Today, do Random Acts of Kindness!This week, perform five acts of kindness-all five in one day. The acts do not need to be for the same person-the person doesn't even have to be aware of them.
Kalamazoo Kids in Tune (KKIT)
- Enrollment Update: We have had (69) 3rd - 11th grade students enrolled, first trimester!
- Fall Recital: We are streaming performances live on our Facebook page. We are also uploading the entire concerts on our YouTube page so everyone can watch it on their own time and share it with families. Many Woods Lake students submitted videos!
- New Support Initiative: We have started a Family Resource Hub for all of our KKIT families. All KKIT families received care packages over Thanksgiving Break with some snacks, masks, cards from staff!
- New Academic Support: We will be hosting weekly homework help / virtual study hall sessions. We will meet with our students over zoom to provide additional support. Families received a call to confirm interest levels.
- Now Enrolling: We are enrolling students for our second trimester!
What are Woods Lake Elementary School's office hours?
Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:00 p.m.
What if I missed the week long curriculum distribution?
For those families that were unable to make it to the school last week, the KPS bus will bring your child's items to your home on Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
When will I know about my child's new learning schedule for Trimester II?
Your child's teacher will provide their new daily schedule. Be sure to look in your child's google classroom for this information!
First Day Shoe Fund?
First Day Shoe Fund has lengthened their fundraiser through December 7th. If you missed the first distribution/order window, you may contact me. My phone number is 269-815-8209 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org