Orchestra Final Exams
Study guides are up on eClass and students are encouraged to use them during the preparation for this exam! Answers to the questions on the study guide are posted as well.
Here is the schedule:
WEDNESDAY, December 17, 2014:
- FIRST PERIOD (Black and Gold) 7:20 am - 9:20 am
- SECOND PERIOD (Concert) 9:25 am - 11:25 am
THURSDAY, December 18, 2014:
- THIRD PERIOD (No Orchestra Exams) 7:20 am - 9:20 am
- FOURTH/FIFTH PERIOD* (Symphonic) 9:25 am - 11:25 am
FRIDAY, December 19, 2014:
- SIXTH PERIOD (Chamber) 7:20 am - 9:20 am
- SEVENTH PERIOD (Philharmonic) 9:25 am - 11:25 am
MVHS Chamber Orchestra at the High Museum in Atlanta!!
Concerto Competition Rules 2015
Wednesday, February 3, 2015
1. Must play one movement of a standard concerto which has orchestral accompaniment available for sale or rent.
2. Play one movement only (or a partial movement with a cadential stopping point).
3. Your piece should be memorized.
4. A piano accompanist is required. (this is different from last year)
5. If selected as the winner, the student will perform with the orchestra the movement of the concerto performed in competition.
6. Students will be adjudicated by professional judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
All State Audition #2 Schedule Posted
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST check in 30 minutes before your audition time in order to audition at the right time! Otherwise, they may put you at the end of the day!
If you haven't looked at the audition materials yet (YIKES), here is the link: http://www.gmea.org/orchestra/all-state-orchestra/
Happy Holidays, y'all!!
And practice for AUDITIONS over the break! :)
See you next year!!