かようび - Tuesday
Final Project + Late Work
***DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND 2 LANGUAGE COACHING SESSIONS THIS WEEK!***
Submit ALL Missing Assignments ASAP
The last day to turn in any work for Japanese 2 is Friday, May 20th.
To view your missing assignments: Open the Japanese 2 course in BlackBoard and click on the My Grades tab (on the left hand navigational toolbar.) Make a note of what you're missing and make a plan to submit it prior to Friday's deadline.
If you need help with your assignments, contact me or visit the link to the peer tutoring center below.
NCVPS offers a FREE peer tutoring center for all students of Japanese 2 to receive some extra help or practice with the course material. Click the button above to access it and log in with your NCVPS ID and password.
Culture Cafe Tonight at 7PM
Any student who attends and tells me the most interesting thing they learned will earn an extra credit point.
Final Project Slide Sample
Check out Tanaka san's final project slide for Lesson 14 below, and click the link below that to listen to her recording of the slide.
Let's see what she said line by line:
Won't you go to the cherry blossom festival?
Yes, let's hurry.
たべもの や おもちゃ を うっています。
They are selling things like food and toys.
Are you hungry?
Yes, because I did not eat anything.
This slide is excellent because it has 5 sentences using grammar and vocabulary from lesson 14 and a picture that corresponds to at least one of the sentences (in this case the sakura blossoms) on the slide.
Student Spotlight - Makayla D.
Every few days in announcements we will shine our spotlight on one of our Japanese 2 students! This is a good way to get to know your fellow classmates. :)
Meet Makayla D.!
- My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: What I love most about Japan is that there's a diversity of things you can do! One thing I love about it's culture is the traditions and ceremonies.
- My favorite book: The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- My favorite musical artist: Nicki Minaj
- My favorite ice cream flavor: Strawberry
- On a Friday night I'm usually: Eating or sleeping!
- The 5 things I can't live without: my phone, ice cream, shopping, naps, and hanging out with my best friend.
- Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I'm taking Japanese 2 because I wanted to continue and add on from what I learned from Japanese 1. I'm really interested in the culture and it's amazing language.