Save the Dates in March!
See the flyers below for special events listed here:
March 7th: Dyslexia Family Night
March 8th: PTO meeting
March 8th: McDonald's Spirit Night
March 10th: Field Day
March 13th - 17th: Spring Break
Arrival time for students is between 7:30 and 8:10 daily! For safety purposes, please do not drop students off earlier than this time unless involved in early morning activities. Also please be sure students arrive before the tardy bell rings so they do not miss out on important beginning-of-the-day instruction.
Dismissal ends each day at 3:45 PM sharp! Our car rider lines are much shorter now and everyone knows the procedure, which makes it flow quicker. Therefore, our dismissal will end at 3:45PM sharp! Please make arrangements to have your child(ren) picked up before this time each day as we do not have the staff to supervise students after this time daily.
Please read the listed information below regarding change of transportation procedures:
1. Changes in transportation request should be submitted before 2:45 p.m. Request made after 2:45p.m. cannot be approved.
2. A handwritten and signed note is required to change regular transportation. It can be sent with your student to campus to turn in. A transportation change WILL NOT be accepted over the phone.
Lea la información que se incluye a continuación con respecto al cambio de los procedimientos de transporte:
1. Los cambios en la solicitud de transporte deben enviarse antes de las 2:45 p. m. Solicitud realizada después de las 2:45 p. m. no se puede aprobar.
2. Se requiere una nota escrita a mano y firmada para cambiar el transporte regular. Se puede enviar con su estudiante al campus para entregarlo. No se aceptará un cambio de transporte por teléfono.
The Benchmark Math and Science testing dates are as follows. Please ensure students get a good night's rest, eat a good breakfast, and arrive to school on time.
Monday, February 27: Reading Makeups
Tuesday, February 28: 5th Math
Wednesday, March 1: 4th Math
Thursday, March 2: 3rd Math
Friday, March 3: 5th Science
Birthday treats are encouraged to be purchased from our school cafeteria. No outside food and/or treats are allowed for birthday student and/or classmates.When it comes to birthday treats for students, our cafeteria managers need at least 2 weeks’ notice to ensure they have enough time to order the treats that you want for your student. This also gives time to the nurses to check the allergies of all the students in the class. If you have more questions about the process, please reach out to the campus kitchen for more information.
For more information, please visit our Nutrition and Food services by clicking here.
Our job as teachers and parents is to keep our students and children safe, their job is to help keep it safe. I notice often that our students hurt physically or verbally when they feel offended and justify it by saying “Well, he/she did it first”. However, the best prevention to aggressive behavior is unity by creating a sense of belonging and community in the classrooms and homes.
When unity exists, children feel emotionally safe and connected to their teachers, classmates, parents, and siblings to use their big voice and let their limit be known when hurtful words or actions are used. It’s not easy to stand up to someone and express what the desired limit is. However, it is a life-long skill that will increase their self-esteem and improve their communications skills. Taking a deep breath and relaxing, will keep the student calm and help convey the message in a clear, assertive, and precise way. Remind your children to use their kind words to solve conflicts and if they do not know how, to seek assistance from their teachers at school and parents at home.
Please feel free to reach out me at email@example.com or by phone (832)484-5933.
Earn Parent University credit in this upcoming district event!
The Parent University Graduation Ceremony will take place Thursday, May 18, 2023 (9:30 AM- 11:30 AM) at Champion Forest Baptist Church! Reach to find out if your have met the 5 credit graduation requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART Tag Parent Portal - Through the app, parents will be able to: View Child’s profile, routes, and riding history. Add/remove children to and from the account. Sign up for SMART alerts (text notifications when the bus is 10-15 minutes from the stop and receive status updates). Manage authorized guardians.
How it Works: Parents register online at https://parent.smart-tag.net, add their children using the student ID, date of birth, and campus name. Parents can sign up for SMART alerts which is optional
Parent Portal became available now.
This SMART Tag Parent Portal will only work for those students who have not lost or damaged their SMART Tags. If this has occurred, parents must purchase a new SMART Tag for $5.00 on School Cash Online.
All students have now received a SMART tag (bus tag). If a student misplaces or breaks their SMART tag (bus tag), a $5.00 fee must be paid through the School Cash Online link HERE in order to have another SMART tag printed for the student. This includes the plastic sleeve and plastic luggage tag that was issued along with the SMART tag. For more information on the SMART tag System now being used in Klein ISD, please click the link HERE.
Teacher and Staff Shout Out!
- For Lunch menus click HERE
- To apply for free or reduced meals click HERE. A friendly reminder, breakfast and lunch are NO longer free.
- To Add funds to meal accounts click HERE
Due to limited space, parents/guardians may eat lunch with their child on assigned days starting Tuesday, September 6th! Parents/Guardians can only bring lunch for their child due to allergies and eat with their child at the parent table area on assigned days.
Mondays: PreK & 1st Grade
Tuesdays: 4th Grade
Wednesdays: 3rd Grade
Thursdays: 2nd Grade
Fridays: Kindergarten & 5th Grade
For Our Students - Bus Safety & Expectations
- Save all food and drinks for home or school
- Keep the bus clean
- Be ready to scan your SmartTag when you get on and off the bus
- Be a Problem Solver
- Use only kind and appropriate words
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Listen to the bus driver
- Stay in your seat until you reach your destination
- Use inside/quiet voice
- Stay out of the aisle while bus is moving
For Our Parents - Transportation Expectations
- Keep from parking in Bus zones
- Park only in visitor parking
- Be on time to pick up your child from the bus stop
- Communicate with the school if you are running late
- Put your cell phone away
- Early dismissal is before 2:45
- Regular dismissal time starts at 3:25
- No students can be picked up from the office during dismissal process
- Put your cell phone away
- Stop when you see a bus parked with the stop sign out
- Wait patiently for your children to come out of the bus and cross street safely
- When dropping off your children and need to park, walk with them to cross the street safely
- Put your cell phone away