Titan Staff News
Week of May 9
It's here - STAAR week. As you leave for the weekend and as you administer the test next week, do not lose sight of the overall vision for our students. This is just a single measure of student learning - it's not the only measure. While we are a Texas public school and we must adhere to and endure the state assessments, take pride in knowing we do so much more for our students.
The AVID thank you Teacher Appreciation video from earlier this week sums it up perfectly. You all do so much more than teach our students to take a test. Stay the course and the STAAR will take care of itself.
Enjoy your weekend,
This Week at Tidwell
Monday, May 9
STAAR Test 6th/7th Math & 8th Math Retest
NISD Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 10
STAAR Test 6th/7th Rdg & 8th Rdg Retest
Wednesday, May 11
STAAR Test 8th Science
Thursday, May 12
STAAR Test 8th Social Studies
Soccer vs Medlin (boys @ NISD Stadium/ girls @ Texan Stadium)
Friday, May 13
Faculty Meeting 8:00am (library)
STAAR Make Up Testing
Barker Out - Moving!
Dance - Summer Smackdown 6-8pm
- NISD will be working through a website redesign that will affect all campus and teacher websites. As information becomes available, we will share that with you. The integration will begin taking place this week. Teachers will be required to update their new website landing page prior to leaving for the summer. (No stress...this will be easy!)
- Be sure to READ every email from Gatlin regarding testing this week. Not fully reading emails could put the campus in a tough situation during STAAR week. It's taking a village to manage this week. You help and flexibility is appreciated!
- As we move towards the middle of May, please continue your consistence with dress code requirements. IDs are a part of dress code. Also, do not allow students to carry stuffed animals, blankets, etc.
- If you'd like to see our students having a blast, we are in need of additional adult support at the dance Friday night. Even if you can only make it part of the time, your supervision would be greatly appreciated! Interns - this is a great opportunity to see some of the behind the scenes work!
- No PLCs this week due to STAAR testing.
- Congrats to our staff members graduating with Master's Degrees this week! Shout out to Jennings, Espinosa and Kahler!
- Applications for CTL (Campus Technology Liaison) will be coming soon.
Upcoming School Year Information
Welcome New Titans!
Jennifer Stueart - 8th Grade Math
Casey York - 6th Grade Math
Mica Tucker - Spanish I
Sarah Valdovinos - Intro to Spanish
Matthew Tate - Science
Floating Teachers - Please thank the following individuals who will float next school year: B Johnson, Marroquin, Espinosa, Strader and Wilsie. It's highly likely we'll need one more floater...stay tuned!
Master Schedule - We are working as quickly as we can on the master. It's a very long, tedious process. Please note that NOTHING is official until we lock the schedule in August. My goal is for everyone to know what and where they are teaching before leaving for the summer.
Destination Imagination Coordinator - Leslie Nesbitt
Join me in celebrating our Department Chairs for the 16-17 school year:
Math - Tom Horn
ELA - Angie Vaitai
SS - Aubrey Espinosa
Sci - Callie Wilburn
Fine Arts - Ashley Kahler
Sped - Teri Worely
Electives - Joseph Ouellette
Summer Professional Development - Be sure to view the Summer Professional Learning opportunities online. Your Flex Day forms can be found online here as well. (Or via my email last week.) Currently, only complete the forms for the November Flex Days. We will discuss the April 14th Flex Day in our staff meeting next week.
New Titans - I will send you information regarding summer learning and dates as soon as the website is updated.