The Bobcat Bulletin
The Information Edition....
April 26: Back to School
May 31: Memorial Day (no school)
June 15: Last Day of school for Students
EWSD Free Meals
The EWSD Child Nutrition Program will continue to provide FREE meals for the rest of this school year! On January 29, EWSD surpassed half of a million meals served since COVID hit.
There is no pre-ordering, registration, or sign up necessary, just show up at any of our open sites listed below. The meals are intended for children 18 and under, but the child does not have to be with you to receive them.
FREE WEEKEND MEAL PICK UP
- Meal pick up will occur on Fridays between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm at the Essex High School guidance lobby (to the right of the main entrance).
- We ask that traffic enter from Main Street and exit at Old Colchester Road.
- Please let staff know how many children you are picking up for and if you need any vegetarian or gluten-free meals.
- Meal pick up will occur outside and Child Nutrition staff will place meals on a table for you to take.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to EWSD Senior Child Nutrition Manager Scott Fay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-7263.
REMOTE MEALS PICKUP
Starting on September 8th, all breakfast and lunch meals will be free to all children 18 years and younger for the 2020-2021 school year!
Meal Pick Up
- NEW!!! Starting January 6th, Wednesday remote learners can pick up 1 day worth of meals on Wednesdays at any of our 3 pick up locations, see timing and location information below.
- Cohort A (remote learning on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) will pick up 3 days worth of meals on Wednesdays.
- Cohort B (remote learning on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) will pick up 3 days worth of meals on Mondays.
- Fully remote learners will pick up 5 days worth of meals on Mondays.
- Drive-thrus will be offered at the following locations:
- Albert D. Lawton School, 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Essex Elementary School, 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Westford School, 9:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Essex High School, 4:00 p.m until 6:00 p.m, Fridays
Important Outcomes for Equity in the EWSD
Students, teachers, school leaders and community members are invited to participate in focus groups to help the EWSD continue to make progress towards becoming an equitable, anti-racist school district.
District leadership wants to be able to best tell the story of where we are succeeding and where we need to continue to change and grow. As we look to issue an annual equity report, we need community input to decide what information goes into the report, how best to present it, and how to make sure it is helping us reach our vision.
We hope you will join us for one of the upcoming focus groups on April 29, May 3 or May 11 from 5:30-7PM. (All groups will be held virtually via Zoom.) Click here to register.
Virtual Seminar: Parenting Strategies For Reducing Screen Time and Online Safety
Fleming and Summit Street School
Virtual Parent Information Night
This virtual seminar was originally held on Wednesday, March 31st from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Although it was not recorded, a slide deck was shared by the organizers at Fleming.
Please click here for the slide deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BxO16eAlgiopc0qn0rnHIo1dp2pwAbr5jbWcXTkeTR8/edit?usp=sharing
See flyer below for Topic Summaries.
Bus Drivers Needed!
Come work for STA/Mountain Transit!
This is a great job for parents of school-aged kids, folks looking for a partial-retirement job, individuals looking to grow a career in the commercial driving industry, or anyone who wants to give back to our community.
Let Mountain Transit tell you why:
- Paid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) training: Class B license with Passenger and School Bus endorsements. To get this license on your own can cost up to $7,000, here we will pay you. The only thing we do not pay for is your physical license.
- Great Pay: After you get your CDL and endorsements, the minimum pay at Mountain Transit is $20.50 per hour. Yes, that is right, starting at $20.50 an hour!
- Newer vehicles: All vehicles used here are 10 years old or newer, this keeps down mechanical repairs.
- Earned time off: You will earn time off that will accumulate.
- Safety: Safety is our main goal, including in these unusual times, CDC protocol is followed to a T.
Our goal is to get the working force working again. In South Burlington there are 256 people collecting unemployment, Burlington there are 689, Essex 266, Colchester 288, Milton 166, and Winooski 155. We need you and you need us. Come and see what we are all about here at Mountain Transit.
Click on this link, then click 'Vermont,' then click 'Milton.' Hiring for the Essex garage site starts at the Milton offices. Or you can also call 802-893-1334 if you are interested.