Together in Learning and Faith
May 12 - Our Lady of the Angels Catholic School
Catholic Education Week
OLA Fine Arts Evening for Valeda House - May 21
A little bit about the evening
The evening will begin at 6:00 with an open gallery walk of art work created by our OLA students. Guests are invited to peruse the art work and visit our gift shop (because every art gallery has one!) any time between 6-6:45 p.m. At this time, our attention will turn to our choir and handbells who have prepared a short performance for you to enjoy!
A little bit about Valeda House
Elk Island Catholic Schools is committed this year to supporting Valeda House, a safe and secure temporary shelter for homeless women and children. Schools throughout the district are hosting a variety of events to support this fundraising initiative and OLA Catholic School would like to do their part by including a fundraising component to our Fine Arts Evening! There are a few ways that our families can help support this worthy cause during the evening:
- A silver collection plate will be available for those that wish to make a donation when they come to walk through the gallery
- Our Grade 4 Servant Leadership Faith Squad and Citizenship Squad have been creating artwork to sell at the gift shop - please stop in!
- The Kinder Kids have created an art piece to auction off at the end of the evening. Tickets will only be 3 for $1, so bring your loonies!
Please mark your calendars and come out to support our students and the women and children of Valeda House! We look forward to spending the evening with you!
Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Grade 2 visit the Edmonton Symphony
Grade 1 visit the Valley Zoo
Grade 4 Poetry Cafe
A Few More Power Option Pics
Lending a Hand at OLA
Are you finding that you have some time to give? Mrs. Wagner, OLA's librarian would love help re-shelving books in the library! If you have half an hour of time, any day, please connect with her, she can be reached at email@example.com. Even if it's a drop in, or more regular volunteering, your help is always welcome and appreciated!
OLA School Council News
Family Movie Night
Great turnout at movie night! Thank you OLA School Council for organizing!!
Fun Day BBQ - Calling Volunteers
Playground Society News
Please mark these upcoming events on your calendar:
- Bottle Drive May 25th
- BBQ Event June 9th
The Playground Society is grateful for volunteers to help with these events, you can reach them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an active gofundme account for the Playground Society. Please click here for more details or to donate. All donations are eligible for a tax receipt.
Own a business or know of one who would like to donate items for a raffle at Legacy Park on June 9th BBQ? Please email email@example.com for a digital or hard copy of a donation letter, and remember to Save the Date! We'd love to see you there!
Looking Ahead . . .
Sunday, May 12
- Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers and grandmothers - May God Bless them
Monday, May 13
- Faith Assembly at 9:00 am - All are welcome!
- St. André Bessette Mentors visit
- Kids on the Block Epilepsy Presentations Grade 3&4 12:50 pm, Grade K-2 2:00 pm
Tuesday, May 14
- University of Alberta Ringette Presentations: Kick off Assembly at 9:00 am - All are welcome
SLS Faith Team Meeting
Wednesday, May 15
- Pre-Kindergarten Today!
- St. André Bessette Mentors visit
- Ken's Catering Hot Lunch
- Playground Meeting 6:30 pm - location TBD
Thursday, May 16
- OLA Collaborative Response Meetings to support learning
- Choir Practice at lunch recess
- St. John Paul II Students Servant Leadership Day
- Collaborative Response for Student Learning Team Meetings
Friday, May 17
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Monday, May 20
- Victoria Day - NO SCHOOL
And a Little Further Ahead . . .
May 21 Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast 8:00 - 9:30 am - thank you for sharing your gifts!
May 21 The One Called Jesus Exhibit - postponed until Fall 2019
May 21 OLA School presents our first Fine Arts Evening 6:00 - 7:30 pm
May 24 Kindergarten visits Safety City
May 24 Grade 1 Fort Saskatchewan Community Field Trip
May 25 Playground Bottle Drive 10:00 am - 2:00 pm - Please Save Your Bottles
May 28 CEPAC Meeting 7:00pm at EICS Central Learning Services
May 29 Booster Juice Lunch
May 29 Lions Club Grade 1 Flag Presentation
May 30 Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Family Event in the evening - Mark your Calendars!
May 31 OLA Fun Day Grades 1-4
June 3 Kokum Doreen visits to teach Cree language
June 3-7 Final Week to exchange books from Library
June 5 Early Dismissal and School Spirit Theme: Crazy Sock Day (Looking forward to a Sock Hop!)
June 6 OLA School Council Meeting 7:00 pm
June 9 Playground Society BBQ at Legacy Park
To see what is up and coming even further ahead, please visit our website calendar.