Troop E226 Weekly Update
Week of March 6, 2017
Important Dates and Schedules
Important Dates and Schedules:
3/13-3/17- Interim Testing
4/03-4/07- Spring Break
Monday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Tuesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Wednesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Thursday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Friday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
This Week in the Classroom...
- Science: We will begin looking at types of weather through the use of Mystery Science. Mystery Science is an amazing online education program that our school has provided a subscription to, that is aligned to grade level standards.
- Language Arts - This week we will continue to review and look over standards that will be addressed on the Interim next week. You are welcome to look over the slide I have created with your child at home (Please only review the slides we have already discussed.) Please do not move ahead, as we will be working on this whole group to reinforce the standards.
- Word Study- Students will begin reviewing word-work throughout units 1-6
- Math -Students will continue working on fractions, both proper and improper and how to appropriately use a strategy to show that particular fraction. We will also be working with how to compare fractions.
- Writing - Students will be focused on opinion writing this week and using text evidence to help support their opinion.
- 7 Habits - Habit 3 :Put First Things First- Can your student sing verses 1, 2 and 3 of All the 7 habits? "Habit 3 put first, first things first, work before you play."
*White or Colored Cardstock Paper