Sequoia Middle School Monday Memo
Week of September 19th, 2016
Hope everyone survived the heat waves this weekend as we officially close out summer. As we complete our first month of school, I want to thank all staff for a great first month. Our commitment to routines, procedures and building relationships early in the year, will enhance and accelerate student learning throughout the rest of the year.
Big thanks to our counselors Angela and Nathan for hosting lunch bunch in the library for all three grade levels on Thursday and Friday. Kids are having fun and making friends. Please encourage any student who might be struggling to meet new friends to check it out.
Here are the updates for the week:
After School Sports:
Our first game is tomorrow - Monday, September 19th at Foothill MIddle. Good Luck Giants and thanks Coach John and Coach Heather.
We are in week 5 (Days 20-12) of our First 21 Days push on school transitions and routines between classes. While our push for the First 21 Days" is coming to a close, I am excited about the great routines that I have observed throughout the first month of school. Thanks to all staff for working so hard to make this happen. I am looking forward to seeing the positive long term-results from our school wide initiative.
Decotech is here and working on putting up TV's in our classrooms. I am hopeful that all of the installation will be done by September 30th. Please let me know if you are having any Tech issues.
Wednesday Meeting Schedule:
PLC Meeting 1:20 pm, Grade Level Meeting 2:10
8th Grade C1, 7th Grade C2, 6th Grade C3
Department Chairs- I will be sending out a PLC form tomorrow for your review.
School Goals, Principal Updates, Coming Events, Links
School Wide Goals:
- Maintain a safe and inviting school for all students so that student learning is priority
- Invest time and resources in Grading and Assessment to maximize student learning and drive instruction
- Expand collaborative opportunities for students and staff
- Further implementation of technology tools to transform student learning
- Focus on “Sequoia Skills” in all content areas
- Continue best practices of Marzano’s Art and Science and Implementation of 4 C’s in the classroom
What I am working on:
- Visiting Classrooms
- Meeting with students
- Meeting with staff members during prep periods (10-15 minutes)
- 21 Days Procedures and Routines for school wide transition
September 21st - PLC, Grade Level meetings
September 26th, 27th - Colonel Wells for US History 8
September 27th - Progress Reports Due - Low C's, D's and F's only
September 28th - Blood Drive
September 30th - Progress Reports Mailed home
Click Links Below for ( Still in SequoiaMS.net will be changing soon)