Welcome our Ross Grandparents!
Thank you for joining us!!
Mrs. O'Keefe and Mrs. Muller
Drop and Go Vs Parking lot
Our top priority, " students safety "
- Please do not drop children in the middle lanes or bus lane
- Do not leave your car unattended in the "drop and go" area, it's fire route and tow-away zone
- If you want to park and walk you child/ren, please park in the parking lot and walk them
- Most of the families are in walking distance of the school (except the FI students), please walk your child/ren to the school. It's a great way to get some fresh air and exercise too
- Patience is important as winter is upon us
Strong foundation for future learning
Inquiry skills to explore and investigate
Problem solving skills
Sharing learning with others
Inspired by reading Reppunzel's story, creating a castle by researching all its structural features and created its major characters using loose parts.
Planning a birthday party
Making a plan, inviting friends, cooking, organizing and having fun!
Postcards for inviting Snowman
Inspired after reading a book "Dear Snowman",
ELK team using this opportunity to teach writing skills to students.
How can you help
- Making your grandkids more independent, for e.g., toileting, dressing and undressing
- Helping them to come to school on time, i.e., 8:50am, 5 minutes before school starts
- Lots of Healthy snacks (fruits and salad) & healthy lunch
- Talk and ask questions to the teachers and ECEs
- Show interest in your grandkids learning
- Attend events, assemblies and meetings
- LION at Ross Drive every Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pmand 12:30pm to 2:30pm
- Visiting Parenting and Family Literacy Centres and Early child care centres
Dal or subji and roti
With salad and fruits
Sandwiches or wraps
With fruits, yogurt drink and water bottle
Lots of snacks
For one quick snack time and two nutrition breaks
Above all, Connecting your grandkids to Nature
Spending 20 minutes outdoor:
- Helps wire the brain with positive thinking, feeling of appreciation and caring
- Sense of awe and wonder
- Improve concentration, observation and listening skills
- Physical benefits- exercise, fresh air, Vit. D
- Early concept of habitat and migration
Average children spend more time watching T.V, play video games then ride a bike or outdoors.