January 13, 2020
Save-the-Date: Family Night of Fun & Learning - Thursday, February 6th at 6:30pm
5Essentials Survey for Parents is Open
The Illinois 5Essentials School Survey is now open for parents. 5Essentials rates how a school is performing in areas such as leadership, collaboration, family involvement, support, and instruction.
Now that 5Essentials is administered every year, it will be more useful for planning. Results from the survey will be used by both our school and the District 200 Board of Education to help guide our efforts.
The state will only provide a parent report for our school if at least twenty percent of our parents participate. We value your voice, so please take a few minutes to let us know how we are doing.
To take the short survey:
Choose the Parent Survey.
Enter “Dupage” for our county.
Begin typing "Washington" until you see the correct address.
Help Needed - Fun Fair Volunteers
January 14 - PTA Meeting 7:00pm
January 15 - 4th grade presents Illinois history for parents 1:15pm-2:00pm
January 17 - NO SCHOOL - Inservice Day
January 20 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 23 - Orchestra 5th grade Franklin feeder concert at Franklin 6:30pm
January 25 - PTA Fun Fair 11:00am
January 28 - Parent Workshop: Legal Marijuana- Now What? 7:00pm at WWSHS
January 30 - Traveling Native American Museum for 3rd grade
Feb. 11 - ThinkFirst! Program for 1st and 5th grade students - afternoon (1st graders will be receiving bicycle helmets)
Feb. 13 - 1st grade field trip - morning
Feb. 14 - Valentine Parties
10:45-11:30 a.m. Kdg AM
2:30-3:15 p.m. Kdg-5th gr.
Feb. 17 - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
Feb. 21 - Club photo day
Feb. 22 - PTA Pancake Breakfast 8:30am-10:30am
Feb. 27 - End of 2nd trimester
Feb. 27 - Kindergarten Round-up and Visit 6:00pm-7:00pm
Feb. 28 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Inservice
Kindergarten Round-up for Parents and Students
Informational sessions, called “Kindergarten Round-Up”, are for parents of children who will be starting Kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year. Washington School’s Kindergarten Round-Up will be Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 6:00P.M. to turn in paperwork. The meeting begins at 6:30 P.M.
Kindergarten Round-Up is held in the school for parents and incoming Kindergarten children. The occasion gives parents the opportunity to meet the principal and the kindergarten teachers. Parents will also become acquainted with the kindergarten program. Parents will receive a copy of the Kindergarten Handbook at this meeting. This is also an opportunity for children to visit the school. Students will have another opportunity to visit the classroom in August prior to the first day of kindergarten
Parents are encouraged to begin the enrollment process before February 27 by bringing their child’s original birth certificate and three proofs of residency to Washington School. However, parents are certainly able to bring the necessary documentation to the Kindergarten Round-Up.
Parents who are unable to attend Kindergarten Round-up are asked to call the school at 630-682-2222 to add their child’s name to the Kindergarten mailing list.
For all necessary enrollment information, please visit www.cusd200.org. Please feel free to call the school with any additional questions.
Parents will need to pre-enroll their child in order to complete the online registration process.
Thanks for the Fun Holiday Parties, PTA!
Washington Teachers Awarded Student Excellence Grants
More Washington Highlights
Toy Shop Play
Mrs. Weisheit's ADK
Human Diagrams for Learning Text Features
Ms. Cortopassi's 1st grade
Human Diagrams for Learning Text Features
Mrs. Harris's 1st grade
Please Help Us Keep Our Students Safe
- If your child walks to school, please remind him/her to watch for cars and cross President St. with the crossing guard.
- Be vigilant of children when driving close to the school and drive very slowly in the flow zone and main parking lot.
- Passing a school bus while it's stop sign is out is strictly prohibited.
- Please observe our parking lot and FLOW ZONE procedures, including during BASP pick up and drop off. The driveway by door one is an entrance, not an exit.
- Using a hand-held cell-phone while driving is prohibited.
- We ask that you keep dogs off school property during arrival, school hours, and dismissal.
- Please do not double and triple park in the school parking lot or on Bridle Lane.
- Please observe the No Parking signs along Bridle Lane. The Wheaton Police Dept. acknowledges parents need to drop off and pick up their children from school. They ask that cars refrain from lining up on Bridle Lane until 8:45am and 3:15pm. Cars there prior to those times and cars left unoccupied may be subject to a ticket.
Thank you for partnering with us to keep our children safe.