A WORD TO THE WISE...
* COUNTDOWN TO STAAR WRITING - We are on the countdown to STAAR writing. Please take a moment and encourage our fourth graders to do their best when you see them in the hallways or make time to go and visit with previous students and encourage them to do their best. We are on the final push and our fourth grade teachers have done an amazing job preparing their students but any and all extra support would be greatly appreciated!
* CORE TEAM MEETING - We will be meeting this Monday instead of April 15.
* TUESDAY - We will be flipping schedules on Tuesday for Writing STAAR. Second and fourth will flip specials schedules and there will be no active start for fourth grade that day.
* MOD PIZZA DAY - Tuesday, April 9 is MOD Pizza day. They will give 20% back to PTO when you mention ORE. Purchase lunch and dinner!!!
* BOND INFORMATIONAL MEETING - There is a Bond Informational meeting at ORHS on Monday, April 15 @ 6:00 p.m. It would be great if many of us would attend to support Dr. Null and the presentation. Jeans Tuesday for those who attend!
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* MATH COACH VISIT - Gretchen Montgomery will be here on Monday, April 15. She will be meeting with all math teachers during planning periods to complete the Questioning training we started at Faculty Meeting in February.
* STAAR WRITING - STAAR Writing is Tuesday, April 9. Please help us ensure that parents know that day is a closed campus and we do not allow parents to enter the main part of the building. We ask that they not come for lunch that day.
* STUDENT TEACHERS IN THE FALL - If you are interested in hosting a student teacher in the fall, please email me.
* FACULTY EGG HUNT - We will be hosting the second annual Faculty Egg Hung on Thursday, April 18 right after school. Donations for egg fillers are now being accepted. Please drop off bags of candy to Tami Eldridge. We will stuff as many eggs as we can, hide them and let the games begin!!!
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year. BOARD VOTED AND CHANGED THE DEADLINE DATE TO MAY 1 FROM JULY 1.
* BEHAVIOR - We are all noticing that unacceptable behaviors are on the rise. Please take a few moments daily to remind students of expectations. Remember, we've talked before that losing a few minutes of instruction to reinforce expectations causes us to have extra time on the end because we are not constantly dealing with behavior issues. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact the front office and ask for someone to come. If Kara and I are both tied up, someone will come and we will handle the situation as soon as we are free. Statistics show that complimenting students on their good behavior reduces the amount of misbehavior's overall..
RUSTIC PEACH TEAM BUILDING FUN
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
3rd grade team - Thanks for working so hard this week!!! - Missy
Dena Green, Mendy Carr, Shelby Harvey, Claudia Munoz and Chelsea Taylor - for hours and hours of hard work poured into our fourth graders getting them ready for STAAR! They are ready and we are going to ROCK THIS TEST!!! - Tami and Kara
Kara Saly - thanks for the hours of preparation you put into STAAR so that we have an easy, flawless, error free day! - Tami
Third grade teachers - Thank you for taking time to encourage our fourth graders to do their best on STAAR Writing - glow sticks and all! - Fourth grade
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
5 - James Fatuch's birthday
5 - Poster Method
5 - Kindergarten Graduation
6 - Job Fair
9 - STAAR Writing Grade 4
10 - Dena Green's birthday
11 - Bilingual coach visit
12 - Math Review Quiz
13 - PK/Early Childhood Fair @ B.B. Rice
15-26 - Kindergarten Round Up
17 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
17 - Fourth grade to Destination YMCA
19 - Holiday - Kara Saly's birthday
22 - School holiday
23 - 26 - Book Fair
23 - Third grade Destination YMCA
24 - Administrative Professionals' Day
24 - Fourth Vogel Visit
25 - ExplOREtorium Night, Kinder Round Up
26 - Math Review Quiz
29 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Kim Dooley and Tami Miller's birthday, Dr. Phillips campus visit