Lely Elementary Updates
August 20, 2021
September 6 (Labor Day) and 7, 2021
Curriculum Night: September 14, 2021 5:00om-5:45pm PK-2 and 5:45pm-6:30pm 3-5
Dress Code Reminders
Students should follow Lely's Uniform dress policy:
· Shirts - Polo Style - SHORT OR LONG SLEEVE
– ANY SOLID COLOR - NO LOGOS
· Sweaters or Jackets for cooler weather - ANY SOLID COLOR – NO LOGOS!
· Capri pants or slacks - Khaki or navy (no denim/jean material)
· Jumpers, skirts, skorts, or shorts - Khaki or navy (no denim/jean material. Shorts or skorts must hang below finger tips)
· Dresses - Solid color, polo-style, one-piece (Must hang below finger tips with arms extended downward)
· Athletic shoes – rubber sole, no wheels
Must be worn daily with socks!
· A belt is optional but strongly suggested!
Every Friday is Spirit Day and you can wear a Lely Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms.
Shirts can be purchased at the front office for $10.
Leader in Me Spotlight
Here is a proactive activity you can do together.
Pause, Think, and Choose
Ask family members to think of a situation where they usually respond reactively. Have each family member write down the answers to the following questions:
What is the situation?
What is something you can do to take a PAUSE in this specific situation?
THINK, what are some choices you could make in this situation?
What will be the consequence of each choice?
What will you CHOOSE to do to be proactive in this situation?
Invite family members to take a turn to be a performer and act out their situation. Cheer for the proactive choices!