By: Eli & Rebeca
- Prohibition lasted from the 1840's to the 1920's.
- 18th amendment of the U.S. constitution
- 1st decade movement of the 20th century
- The prohibition law banned drinking alcohol to citizens
- The law was repelled 2 years later
- “Prohibition is the trigger of crime.”
― Ian Fleming, Goldfinger This quote means that prohibition could lead to criminal action.
- It wasn't illegal to drink during Prohibition
In 1932, Franklin D. Roosevelt defeated the incumbent President Herbert Hoover, who once called Prohibition "the great social and economic experiment, noble in motive and far reaching in purpose." Some say FDR celebrated the repeal of Prohibition by enjoying a dirty martini, his preferred drink.
The movement did not achieve its goal, for it was repelled.
Life in TX & USA was hard without alcohol. They wanted it BAD!
The people are dumping beer because of the new law.
The people are drinking beer before the new law was made.
Beer Dumping #2
The government is dumping all beer.