21st Century Cyber Charter School
A Note From Our Principals
It is hard to believe that a month has already passed. It has been an excellent start to the school year.
At 21CCCS, we pride ourselves on providing a safe learning environment for each and every one of our students. Part of that safe environment is making sure all of our parents and families have the information they need to remain safe. We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some helpful tips regarding internet safety and personal safety. We hope this sparks some important conversations in your home!
- Internet safety is reviewed and discussed in Orientation every year. Remember to never share personal information with someone you don't know, whether it be in person or on the internet.
- Always tell your parents where you plan to go after you finish your schoolwork.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers by the phone.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Get parent permission before answering the front door at home.
21CCCS staff will contact you ahead of time if we plan to do a home visit. We will also contact you ahead of time if we need to recall any equipment for repair.
All 21CCCS staff are required to wear a badge for identification purposes.
- October 8 - No School
- October 16 - Half Day for Students-School will open at 1PM.
- October 18 - Adventure Club-Kings Gap Orienteering
- October 20 - CyberStrong 5K
- October 25 - Field Trip - Reptiland
- October 30 - Last day of the quarter. Classes will close at 4PM.
- October 31 - No School
Enjoy your start to a safe and fun fall!
Monica Frank, High School Principal
Heather Messenger, Middle School Principal
A Note From the Director of Special Education, Dr. Nancy Giagnacova
Leadership skills are a valuable asset for any person, and we hope to encourage all students as they develop them. Students can begin to learn leadership skills by setting up small goals and accomplishing them. This will help them manage their own time and see results from their hard work. Academic Advisors help students develop weekly goals, but students can also begin to develop their own goals. They’ll gain valuable self-esteem and confidence by mastering new skills as they get the assignments completed.
Happy October 21CCCS Family!
The 2018 National and Educational Health Awareness Calendar asks us to focus on several topics this month. A few that we think fit well together are:
- Communication with your Kids Month
- Bullying Prevention Month,
- National Depression and Health Screening Month
Guardians and students, communication in your household is so important for many reasons. Open communication between guardians and students allows for students to feel comfortable talking about what is going on in their mind. Mental health is not something that can be seen on the outside. We have unfortunately seen in the media many cases of people who suffered from mental health who were not able to get the help they needed.
There are various reasons why someone may be suffering from mental health. One of those reasons may be bullying. Students, if you have suffered from bullying and you haven’t talked to anyone yet, please talk to your parents/your guardians. Your school counselors are always willing to talk as well. We love when you come visit us in the VO.
Students, if you have been a bully or are bullying someone now, please think about what you could be doing to someone else on the inside. We would love to talk to you about this in the VO as well; we can help you think of better ways to interact with this person.
Students and guardians, we challenge you this month to set aside time each day to talk to each other, even if it is only for 5 minutes. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Students this challenge is not just for the adults in your life to make happen. Complete a chore around the house that you normally wouldn’t do so you can have that extra time to talk as a family. If you need any tips on how to complete the challenge come talk to one of your counselors.
Counselors October Challenge: 5 minutes of talking with your family for 31 days
Reward: A closer relationship and you could possibly save a life
For those who we missed on Meet the Counselor Night click here for the recording.
We are here for you,
~ Mrs. McCoy, Mrs. Moynihan, Mr. Galicznski & Ms. Cooke
Look What's New
A+ School Rewards
Our school has the opportunity to participate in and earn cash from A+ School Rewards, a great fundraising program run through your local Giant! Each time you shop at any Giant using your BonusCard, you will earn A+ Points. These points become cash for our SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
Please remember, this year’s A+ Program runs from September 7, 2018 through March 16, 2019, and our school ID# is 2 3 9 6 9
New Supporters or Existing Supporters Wishing to Make Changes:
- Visit giantfoodstores.com and select “SIGN IN” at the top right to log into your online account. Once logged in, select “MY ACCOUNT”, followed by “MANAGE MY ACCOUNT”, then “REWARDS & SAVINGS” to select your school.
- If you do not have an online account, visit giantfoodstores.com and click “REGISTER”. Follow the prompts to create your online account. Once logged in, follow the same instructions as noted above.
- You’ll need your 11-digit BonusCard® number and the School ID number. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
iPad Tip of the Month
Looking for a specific app on your iPad that you just can't find? Try using the search bar! You can access it a few different ways:
- Tap and hold in the middle of your screen and drag your finger down. You'll see the search bar appear at the top of your screen.
- Swipe right on your iPad home screen until you see the Today View (you might have to swipe right a few times!). This view also includes a search bar at the top of your screen.
This search bar makes it easier to find anything on your iPad!
Join us in our first-ever CyberStrong 5K Run/Walk
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Kerr Park and Struble Trail
Park Lane, Downingtown, PA US 19335
8:00 am Race day registration
9 am 5K run/walk start
10:00 am Award ceremony (Following the race)
Information about the race:
21st Century Cyber Charter School is hosting the first-ever Cyber Strong 5K Run/Walk to provide a fun and engaging event for 21CCCS families as well as the community. This event will benefit the Chester County Food Bank and the 21CCCS scholarship program.
Participants will enjoy massage treatments, yoga, and reiki sessions during the event. Each participant will be entered into a drawing to win a variety of gift certificates from our sponsors, including martial arts and fitness packages, yoga and reiki sessions, performance training programs, chiropractic and massage treatments, free gym memberships, and other gift cards.
The Cyber Strong 5K Run/Walk will be timed, and all runners will receive bibs. Chester County Running Store will be providing timing services. Early registration costs $20 until October 12th and $25 after October 12th. The event day registration starts at 8:00 AM.
Parking for this event will be available at 21st Century Cyber Charter School on 126 Wallace Avenue, Kerr Park, and the Downingtown Library.
For more information and register, please visit http://www.21cccs.org/5K
We are looking forward to seeing you!