Mrs. Embretson, May 6
Week at a glance...
Writing: We mostly did informative writing this week: butterfly describing, seed journals to tell how our seeds are growing, and shark facts.
Math: We are winding down with Unit 5. I'm so happy with their adding and subtracting skills as well as general number sense.
Social Studies/Science/Health: I feel like my room is bursting with science stuff. Two or three of the tadpoles have become froglets, the butterflies will probably emerge from their chrysalids over the weekend, and our seeds are really starting to grow! On top of all that, we are learning about the ocean.
Snack Helpers, May 9-13
Friday--last day, dismiss at 12:30
Our class attendance this week: 90.36%
Reminders & Important Information
Class pictures are available for $5. See the sample below. Send money in a marked envelope or baggie.
ROAR Run-May 7
Thursday, May 12, Field Day.
Friday, May 13, Last day of school. Lunch on the Lawn 10:45. Dismiss at 12:30. Please see note sent home today.
May 31-June24, Summer School, registration information can be found on district website. Please let me know if your child will be attending summer school.
End of year meal information
- School lunch cannot be charged during May
- All meal charges should be paid as soon as possible and enough money sent to prepay current meals.
- A complimentary PBJ + Milk for lunch and Whole-Grain Toast + Milk for breakfast is available for students not on free meal benefits who forget their money or a packed lunch from home.
- Parents of students who will not be returning next school year can complete a "Lunch Refund Request" to have any remaining money donated to another student or mailed as a check to their new address. The form can be filled out at the child's school or downloaded from the Food Service Department's website under "Resources", then "Lunch Refund Request".
- Balances may be checked online thru your Parent Portal account or contact the Food Service Department at 735-3753 or e-mail email@example.com.