Holy Trinity Catholic School
Home of the Saints - December 9, 2015
From the Principal's Desk:
Mark your calendars for a few upcoming dates:
- AR Cut date for students to reach those AR goals is tomorrow, Dec 11th.
- DVD order forms for the Christmas Program went home with all 3rd-5th graders earlier in the week. All orders are due back tomorrow, Dec 11th.
- Students at East Campus will have a School Reconciliation Service on December 16th at 9:30am.
- Final Exams for students in grades 7 & 8 will be held on Wednesday, Dec 16th and Thursday, Dec 17th.
- Friday, Dec 18th is our last day of school and we will celebrate with various activities for the students - Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1, and Grade 2 will have inflatables, Grades 3-5 will go rollar skating, Grades 6-8 will go bowling. This is all made possible by our generous PTA - THANK YOU!!!
- Now that it is staying dark in the mornings and it is more difficult to see, please be mindful of parishioners who may be arriving for Mass early. Help keep them safe by using the appropriate drop off procedures. At East Campus, please note that this means you should be exiting by the bus shed out to Schroeder Ave rather than coming down the driveway on the side of church. At Central, please continue to allow parishioners to walk in front of the vehicles as you are stopped. We also ask for your cooperation at Central Campus in not using the West parking lot by Adoration Chapel to drop off students to catch the bus. There have been a few close calls when backing out and cars pulling in. Additionally, the students walking up from the West lot are in the blind spot of the bus and we do not want to see anyone get hurt. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe in the mornings at drop off.
School Reach & School Messenger
- As the colder weather is bound to appear at some point (I hope I am not jinxing it!), we wanted to alert you to a change in our notification system for inclement weather. School Reach has been transitioned over to School Messenger, which will still alert you by phone and email. There are some different features, however, and we will share that information with you in the near future.
- The Hoot will be held on January 30th, 2016 at KlubHaus 61 in Jasper.
- Tickets will be sold on first come first served basis.
- Tickets are $30 each. All tickets must be paid for by cash or check at the time of purchase. Checks can be made payable to Holy Trinity Catholic School.
- The Hoot will have tables of 14 and 16. A maximum of 16 tickets may be purchased by one individual.
The Hoot is an all adult evening of food, fun, and fellowship. The evening includes dinner, music, cash bar and lively auctions for one-of-a-kind and priceless items. All proceeds benefit Holy Trinity Catholic School. For updates, visit
The Hoot for Holy Trinity Catholic School on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you at the HOOT!
Want a great way to get involved, have some fun, and get some service hours? Join the Holy Trinity Catholic School Fish Fry Committee! There is a meeting on Tuesday, Dec 15th at 6:30pm in the East Campus Cafeteria (under the gym). Contact Jason or Kris Wehr at 812-630-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Koatz 4 Kids is currently accepting new and gently used coats to provide to those in need this winter season. What a great time to try on last year's winter coats to see if they fit! If they don't, please consider donating them to Koatz 4 Kids, while making room in your closet for new coats! Donation boxes are located by the school offices. Volunteers are needed for coat distribution on Dec 12th.
Thank you for the support of our monthly food bank items! We are collecting baby food through tomorrow, December 11th, in honor of baby Jesus' birth.
PTA Scrip News
Don’t forget that the last day to make a special order (or a large volume order) that insures delivery by Christmas is Sunday, Dec. 13 by 11:30am.
The last day to stop in the Central Campus (Precious Blood) office to buy in stock Scrip cards before Christmas is Friday, Dec. 18. There will be NO office sales the week of Christmas.
We will still sell at both Holy Family & Precious Blood Masses the weekend of Dec. 19-20.
During the week of Christmas, the ONLY time available to shop our in-stock cards will be Wed., Dec 23from 5:00pm-6:00pm at the Holy Trinity Scrip office in the Precious Blood Church gathering area (enter Church under the canopy).
Dubois County 4-H enrollment has started thru Jan 15th, 2016. Mini 4-H is available to youth presently in grade K-2. 4-H helps youth grades 3-12 explore a wide variety of interest thru project work, camps, club meetings and hands on applications. See what 4-H has to offer. For more information, visit www.extension.purdue.edu/dubois or call 812-482-1782.