"The Father of Education"
How he was introduced to Education:
- Grew up in an ordinary family in 1758
- Thrived in education- loved to learn
- Most others did not have a very good education but he was able to go to Yale.
- Wanted to be a lawyer but was too poor=teacher
How he helped US
- He saw the flaws in the system
- Believed in American textbooks
- Saw the difference in American speaking
- He wanted to stray away from loyalty to England and expand on American individuality
What he did about them
- A Grammatical Institute of the English Language- "Blue-Backed Speller"
- He took what he saw in the classroom and put them in ^
- In 1806 he published the 40,600-word A Compendious Dictionary of the American Language.
- An American Dictionary of the English Language
- Amherst Academy
Thank you Noah Webster!
- He was the first idea to better our classrooms to the modern style they are in today
- He led our country in education
- The words we speak in today distinguish our country and are helpful in the classroom.
- He is teaching learners how to become independent and take education in your own hands- revolution