Worthingway Middle School Updates
We are so excited to get into our new building! Our teachers will be teaching in our new wing starting Monday, February 8. We have adjusted our schedule to allow students more time in their first period class on both Monday and Tuesday. We know and expect students to be a bit confused on where to go. The most important thing for Monday and Tuesday is that students know where to go for their first period class - our Assist teachers have distributed maps and discussed the layout of the new wing with them.
We have set aside time for 1st period teachers to take students on small group tours of the new wing. Please reassure your student(s) that we will help them with any concerns and we will continue our COVID protocols in our new space!
I also want to remind you that our new cafeteria and office areas will not be ready to open on Monday. These areas are set to open on Monday, February 22. As a result, students and families will continue to enter and exit the building through Door 1. Our office will remain in its current location through February 19. On February 22, students and families will enter through our new entrance. Parking will be challenging for the remainder of the school year and drop off/pick up will be a bit crowded (please revisit the map below), but the end result will be amazing!
Thank you for your support and patience! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great weekend. Go Cards!
Ohio Dental Outreach
Worthington Schools is happy to be partnering once again with Ohio Dental Outreach to offer in-school dental care. The dates for Worthington Estates and Worthingway Students are Thursday (Green Group students) March 4, 2021, and Friday (Blue Group students) March 5, 2021. The services will be performed at Worthington Estates Elementary (Worthingway students will walk over accompanied by school staff). Dental care includes a complete dental exam, x-rays, cleaning, fluoride and sealants when necessary, and in some cases, restorative care such as fillings, all occurring during the school day. All insurance is accepted including Medicaid and CHIP. For those without insurance, a low cost self-pay option is available, or you may also request donated care to cover the cost.
Permission slips are available at your school office. These need to be completed and returned as soon as possible, or you may complete the form online -- the links for each school are found below. Parent/Guardian signature is required in order to treat your student on the day of the clinic. We need as many students as possible to complete permission slip by February 19, 2021, although students will be accepted after that date and through the clinic dates of March 4&5, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Joyce Casey, our School Nurse at 614-450-4300 or email@example.com.
Worthington Estates: https://www.myschooldentist.com/WFWCOH_schsrmWorthingway Middle: https://www.myschooldentist.com/WMWCOH_schsrm
Boys to Men, Girls to Women Mentoring Group
ARE YOU EXCITED TO GET THE COVID-19 VACCINE? ARE YOU SKEPTICAL ABOUT IT? ARE YOU HESITANT TO GET IT?
Please HOLD THE DATE (and share with your friends and family) for our virtual presentation to help answer your questions on the COVID Vaccine:
THIS SATURDAY MORNING: February 6 at 10:30am until Noon
Sponsored by our Boys to Men Girls to Women Parents Group:
Medical professionals will be on the call to take your questions. Our panel includes:
- Dr. Isla P. Garraway, Associate Professor & Director of Research, UCLA Medical School
- Dr. Gerald Johnson, Pharmacist, Columbus, OH
- Ms. Desiree Jones, Clinical Research Program Manager, Nationwide Children's Hospital
RSVP to: Marie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the link to use:
February 6, 2021 beginning at 10:30 am. You can begin logging in ten (10) minutes before the scheduled start time. If you’re not able to join the meeting virtually - on line - you can join the meeting by phone using the dial in number and access code listed below.
For virtual log-in, just click on the “Join the online meeting" link or cut and paste it into your browser.
Dial-in number (US): (602) 580-9760
Access code: 8115560#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/janiebailey6838
Online meeting ID: janiebailey6838
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/janiebailey6838
Tuesday, February 16 – 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 18 – 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Your student’s teachers are looking forward to meeting with you during Parent-Teacher Conferences. These conferences provide you with an opportunity to establish an open line of communication and develop a relationship with each of your student’s teachers. During this time you will learn about your student’s classroom performance, have an opportunity to ask questions, and share any thoughts or concerns you may have.
We are using an online program for parent-teacher conferences in 10 minute time blocks. Please come to your conference(s) prepared with any specific concerns or questions, as we make every effort to stay on schedule.
You may go online starting February 8 through February 15. Please read the following directions carefully as we are using PTCFast.com as our online parent-teacher conference scheduler this year. It is very important to follow the instructions and the link to schedule your conferences.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING ONLINE:
1. Go to Worthington.k12.oh.us, select Worthingway Middle School, and then click on the Quick Link (left hand side of page) for Parent/Teacher conferences or login to www.ptcfast.com/schools/Worthingway_Middle_School. This will take you to the Worthingway Middle School Conference Scheduler. Click on the teacher you would like to conference with. A Spanish translation is available by clicking the Spanish flag in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Sign up by entering your child’s last name, first name, your name, and your email address, then click SUBMIT.
3. The next screen will direct you to check your email inbox for a message with the subject “Select Date/Time for Teacher Conference Now.”
4. Open the email and click on the link to select conference times. Each conference is with a different teacher and different time block. If you do not receive an email, check your junk/spam folder. NOTE: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE EMAIL IN ORDER TO FINISH THE SIGN-UP PROCESS!
5. The link will take you to your TIME BLOCK OPTIONS. Available time slots will appear on this page. IF THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS THAT SUIT YOUR SCHEDULE, PLEASE EMAIL THE TEACHER DIRECTLY TO SET UP AN ALTERNATE MEETING TIME. To find contact information for the teacher you wish to reach, please log on to www.worthington.k12.oh.us, select Worthingway Middle School (under “Select a School” at the top of the page), click on “Our School” and choose “Contact Us” from the drop down menu. You can then click on “Staff Directory” to the left of the page. All teachers’ email addresses are listed alphabetically.
6. After submitting your time slot, you will be prompted to finish, schedule another appointment for the same student, or register another student. Once you have completed your registration(s), you will receive an email confirming date and time of your conference(s) and a link by which you may change your date/time should you need to do so.
If you have any questions regarding the online scheduling process, please contact the office 614-450-4300.
Recipe For Success
There will be Spring Sport Information on the Worthingway Web-site the week of February 1. Information will include a spring sport video that will meet the preseason parent meeting requirement.
Worthingway Middle School
Dean/Athletic Director: Bill Mosca (email@example.com)
Counselor: Natalie Fei (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretaries: Amanda DeBernard (email@example.com)
Val Swearengen (firstname.lastname@example.org)