Book A Parent-Teacher Conference!
November 7, 9 and 10th, 2022
Beck Centennial Fall 2022 Parent-Teacher Conferences - Now Booking!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Will be held on 2 nights and 1 afternoon:
Monday, Nov. 7, 4:30 - 7:30 for In - Person Conferences,
and Wednesday, November 9, 2022 @ 4:30-7:30 PM For VIRTUAL Conferences,
and Thursday, November 10, 2021 @ 12:30-3:30 PM for In-Person Conferences
Please note, if you prefer a VIRTUAL conference (online), register for the 11/9/22 choice!
Next week Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Monday, Nov. 7 from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9 from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. and Thursday, Nov. 10 from 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. This week you can schedule your conferences online using SchoolSoft. Conferences are an important part of our partnership to make sure students are meeting our shared expectations.
SchoolSoft will allow you to check teachers’ conference schedules and to conveniently book an appointment on-line. So whether you prefer a face-to-face conference or video chat, you'll be able to quickly and efficiently find a time that fits your schedule.
Many of you have used the SchoolSoft Conference Manager before, and already have an account set up (if you joined us online for a conference last year you already should have an account). The first time you use the Conference Manager you will be required to register and create a parent account. This only takes a minute or two. You will continue to use this same account for the duration of the time you have children in UCS, so please record your password where you can reference it later.
IF YOU need to create an account, please use the following steps (a tutorial is available at this link):
1. Go to the following website https://utica.schoolsoft.com
2. Register for a parent account. To register click the REGISTER NOW button and complete the registration page. Once registered you will be able to immediately log in to the Conference Manager. An email will also be sent to the address you specified. This email restates your username and password and should be saved, as you will use the same username and password when booking future rounds of Parent-Teacher Conferences. If you forget your password, you can reset it using the FORGOT PASSWORD link under the login button.
When registering, if you have multiple students, you should enter all of them at the same time.
Once registered you can log in to the Conference Manager any time.
3. Click the BOOK NOW button and select a conference date in the date drop-down that appears. Then, select the teacher(s) you wish to meet with and click the NEXT button. To coordinate bookings involving multiple teachers select all the teachers applicable to your child(ren) with whom you wish to meet.
4. Click on an available time slot for each teacher you selected and complete the booking form that appears. You should see the booking appear in the summary list on the right-hand side of the screen. A confirmation email is sent for each booking you made or subsequently cancel. You will also receive a reminder and conference itinerary by email.
5. Confirm your appointments have been booked by looking at the “CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES” box on the right of the screen or click on the MY CONFERENCES tab. Only appointments that appear in the CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES box or on the MY CONFERENCES page are confirmed bookings.
6. When finished booking, click the log off button located at the top right of the browser window. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback regarding the use of the Conference Manager to the school administration through a user survey before completely exiting. We appreciate you completing the survey as this helps guide our decision-making regarding how conferences are booked in the future.
7. Just prior to your scheduled conference time, you will receive a link to your video conference. At the appropriate time, click on the link and the teacher will admit you to the room. Please note, our conferences are scheduled for 15 minutes per student.
If you are unable to book your own appointment using this system, please contact the school office at: email@example.com
6th Grade Families - You Will Not Schedule a Conference!
Other Exceptions to Schedule: Ms. Beard and Mrs. Cairns
for her kindergarten students. She will contact parents when she returns from her maternity leave. Dates and times will be forwarded in early December.
Mrs. Cairns will hold her conferences a bit differently -
- Thursday, Nov. 10 from 12:30 - 3:30 and then 4:30 - 7:30 All in-person
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. VIRTUAL only
If parents from either Ms. Beard or Mrs. Cairns' classrooms have questions or need a different schedule, please contact the school office at 586-797-3900.