Drawing a Manikin
- Learn how to use a digital camera
- Pose with your friends and take pictures of each other
- Learn about the artist Edgar Degas
- Position a drawing Manikin in the same poses as your photographs
- Draw the Manikin in several different poses
- Outline your drawings and paint them with watercolor paints
Edgar Degas was born in Paris, France in 1834 and he lived until 1917.
Degas was a painter during a time in art called Impressionism.
He liked to paint people doing fun activities. He painted a lot of horse race pictures.
He made thousands of drawings and paintings.
More than half of his works were paintings of ballet dancers.
He painted and drew the dancers in many different positions.
Important Vocabulary Words
Drawing Manikin Poses