By: Makenzie Rogers
ISIS is a group of terrorist who are based on their religion. They are targeting certain people based on a difference of religion. This group is like the Holocaust because it is a group of people who have one religion and are targeting people with a different faith or just the fact that they aren't like them.
"TDAF", Night, And ISIS
ISIS is a group of people who are alike. The Nazis were a group of people who were alike. ISIS is based on the belief that their God sent them to execute Christians. The Germans and Nazis believed in the final solution and that all people who were different from them should be killed. Terrorists from the middle east are targeting people and using every causality they have to destroy the Christian faith. The Germans were targeting the Jews most of all and putting them through pain, suffering, violence, and torture. Just like in Night when Elie and his father were forced to work with other prisoners in an electrical warehouse. Later on Elie had to carry stones through the cold snow which led to a swollen foot from the harsh environment. These groups are similar because they want to take out a whole faith based on the fact that is isn't there's. They both have sent people into hiding; in "the diary of Anne Frank" her family and four others were forced into hiding to escape the concentration camps they would have been sent to. The Nazis and ISIS will continue to kill each and everyone of us who are different from them.
- "As my family is Jewish, we emigrated to Holland when Hitler came to power."
- "Where were you? Were you at Belson? At Buchenwald? At Mauthausen? Is it possible that you know my wife? Did you ever see my son? My daughter? That's how i found out about my wife's death...of Morgot...the Van Daans...Dussel. But Anne...I still hoped. Yesterday I went to Rotterdam. I'd heard of a woman there...she'd been in Belson with Anne...I know now."
- " Come to the Jewish theatre on such and such a day and hour...bring only what you can carry in a rucksack. And if you refuse the call-up notice, then they come and drag you from your home, and ship you off to Mauthausen. The death camp!"
- (The pounding below becomes more insistent. There are muffled sounds of voices, shouting commands)
All of these events are when the people of the Annex were afraid of being found or when they were in danger of being ratted out. The Franks, Van Daans, and Dussel never went a day without the fear of Hitler finding them.
- "Hungarian police had entered the ghetto and were shouting in the neighboring street: All Jews outside! Hurry!"
- " The Hungarian police struck out with truncheons and rifle butts, to right and left, without reason, indiscriminately, their blows falling upon old men and women, children and invalids alike."
- " A lorry drew up at the pit and delivered it's load --little children. Babies!...those children in the flames.
- " At a sign from the head of the camp the three chairs tipped over."
When the Jews entered the camp they were immediately treated like animals. The Kapos would bash them with whips and truncheons for no reason. They had begun their journey to death.
- “The spark has been lit here in Iraq, and its heat will continue to intensify"
- “We fear not the swarms of planes, nor ballistic missiles, nor drones, nor satellites, nor battleships, nor weapons of mass destruction. How could we fear them, while Allah the Exalted has said, ‘If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you."
- " We are in your state/We are in your cities/We are in your streets/You are our goals anywhere"
- " Every Muslim from the moment they realize the distinction in their hearts,hates Americans, hates Jews and hates Christians. For as long as I can remember, I have felt tormented and at war, and have felt hatred and animosity for Americans."