Facts about Lead
- used by Romans to make water pipes
- used to line tanks and store corrosive liquids
- used in X-ray machines
- used to make car batteries
- used in nuclear reactors
- used to make paint
Physical Properties and Characteristics
- soft, malleable
- corrosion resistant
- high density
- dissolves slowly in water
- reacts quickly with hot acids
- Lead was not really discovered but instead available for thousands of years.
- Many ancient civilizations have used it.
- Ancient Romans to first use it in water pipes and make into sheets to write.