Class of 2019
Important Graduation STUFF
2019 Baccalaureate Service
Sunday, May 19th, 3pm
285 Main Street Northwest
Baccalaureate, please dress as you would for graduation, BUT DO NOT WEAR YOUR CAPS!
Wednesday, May 22nd, 9am
998 Cole Drive Southwest
Wednesday, May 15th, 8pm
998 Cole Drive Southwest
• The gates will open at 6:30 PM, and seating may begin at that time. You may enter the upper gate or the gate at the stadium parking lot.
• Access to seating in the bleachers will be denied once graduation begins due to the distraction of noise as people walk across the metal bleachers.
• Everyone entering the gate (over age 2) MUST have a ticket. NO ONE will be allowed in the stadium without a ticket. Please see the attached ticket letter for further information.
• Graduation is a formal occasion in every way. Therefore, the attire will be dress clothes. Coolers and balloons are NOT allowed into the stadium. Anyone with balloons will be asked to leave them at the gate. Foghorns, cowbells, or other objects that may create loud noises are not permitted. Remember to keep applause brief, and to refrain from making it difficult for others to hear the name of their student next in line as such noise will mar the ceremony for that graduate and his/her parents.
• After the graduates have taken their seats, please do not leave your seat to take pictures, as this may be disruptive to the ceremony. You will be asked to sit down should you be standing! A professional video will be produced and made available for the graduates to purchase. A brochure is enclosed to fill out and order your video. The video you order will be mailed to you about three weeks after graduation.
• Restrooms are located in the buildings on both the home side and visitor’s side of the field. Both are handicap accessible.
• Bottled water and Chick-fil-A sandwiches will be available for purchase outside of both ticket gates. Flowers for your special senior will also be available to purchase. A flyer is enclosed sharing these details.
• In case of an emergency, locate a security officer, staff member, or junior marshal. • All seniors must meet at 6:30 PM in the assigned room and building were given to you at rehearsal. DO NOT BE LATE TO YOUR ASSIGNED ROOM!! You must arrive with your gown on a hanger. We will get dressed in the classrooms (see the attached letter on graduation attire).
• Immediately following graduation, ALL SENIORS should report to the tables located on the visitor’s side of the track to pick up diplomas. Teachers will be there for ten to fifteen minutes to distribute diplomas in the same alphabetical order as room assignments. Meanwhile, as the graduates are obtaining their diplomas, family and friends may proceed to the field to join the graduates after the ceremony.
Seniors to assigned rooms by 6:30 PM
The gates will open at 6:30 PM
- seating may begin at that time. You may enter the upper gate or the gate at the stadium parking lot.
- Access to seating in the bleachers will be denied once graduation begins due to the distraction of noise as people walk across the metal bleachers.
- Everyone entering the gate (over age 2) MUST have a ticket. NO ONE will be allowed in the stadium without a ticket.
- In an effort to make graduation available and comfortable for our elderly and/or handicapped visitors, we will be providing handicapped parking as well as special seating. Further directions are available in the “ticket” insert in this packet.
- You can request seating by emailing Ronda Collett at Ronda_Collett@gwinnett.k12.ga.us. o When you arrive at school, parking attendants will direct you to the handicapped parking (if you have a decal…one issued by us or one issued by the state).
- There will be a golf cart available for anyone who needs assistance to get to their seats; however, there will be no golf cart service following graduation (families are responsible at this point so please have a plan in place for your exit).
- We are placing the handicapped seats on the track so there are no steps to climb. There will be only TWO ticketed family members (and they must also have a handicapped ticket) allowed to sit with any handicapped/elderly tickets requested. We respect our handicapped and elderly adults and want to make sure they have plenty of room for their utmost comfort.
- Option #1 - Graduation start time would be delayed the night of May 22nd and then completed after rain/storm passes.
- Option #2 - If Graduation begins & then is interrupted by weather, students would be taken inside and brought back out after weather passes the area. Buildings would be open for parents, guests, and attendees as well.
- Option # 3 - If weather completely prohibits graduation on May 22, it will be held in the stadium at 10 AM the next morning.
- Option #4 - If the weather still does not permit outside graduation on May 23rd, it will be held in the Main Gymnasium with each student receiving 3 tickets, due to Fire Marshal regulations