Story Design STEAM Kits
About Story Design STEAM Kits
The Story Design approach is an example of problem-based learning, or PBL, a student-focused approach in which students learn by solving an open-ended problem using procedures they devise. PBL reflects how real people encounter, identify, evaluate, investigate, refine and solve problems.
What is included in a kit?
Both Kits Include
Do the kits include class sets of books?
What are the differences between the upper and lower level kits?
What will my students gain from STEAM Story Design?
- read and understand grade-level literature
- identify conflicts in a literary text
- identify a specific problem in the text that could have a practical, physical, or technological solution
- design and propose a solution that incorporates science, technology, engineering, math, and design
- construct, test, and improve a prototype of the solution
- communicate the solution to the classroom or school community
Am I limited to the B&N chosen literature? Do I need the curriculum guide?
Am I limited to using the B&N chosen technology?
You are also welcome to purchase materials from anywhere. They do not have to be purchased from Barnes and Noble to use the B&N lesson guide.