3rd Grade News
Announcements & Other Exciting Things
- Our internet and email have been down/spotty for the better part of the last 2 weeks. I'm so sorry if my communication has been lacking! If something is urgent, calling the school may be your best bet!
- It's that time of year; please check at home for any of my books that may have grown legs and walked off :) . If it belongs to my classroom, there should be a stamp in the front cover that says so.
- I am also missing some of our reading series leveled readers. The titles are "The Life Story of a Barn", "An Ocean Away", "Favorite Fables", "Felix's Turn", and "News Today". They will have either red or blue edges/backs. Thanks!!
Reading/ Language Arts
This week, our story is called "The Planets". We will continue to read from Charlotte's Web through the rest of the school year as well.
Some skills we will be learning/reviewing this week are:
- Making Predictions
- Reading Ahead
- Quotation Marks
- Following Directions
Our vocabulary words this week are:
We will be working on math projects covering a variety of topics to finish off the school year.
At home, please continue to work with your student on their basic facts in all 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Flash cards work well, as do the many iPhone and iPad apps available for free!
Science/ Social Studies
- Clorox Wipes
- Plain #2 Pencils (Dixon/Ticonderoga brand)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Glue Sticks
- Wide Ruled Notebook Paper