Save Energy Save Planet
It's YOUR Planet. Make YOUR Change.
Did you know that lights consume 20% of energy across the planet? Did you know that a 10 minute shower uses more than 50 gallons of water? Did you know that the junk mail you receive can produce enough energy to heat 250,000 homes? Did you know that electric energy used to power lights, computers, etc. is powered by energy plants? These power plants use coal, natural gas, or nuclear fuel to run them. With all that being said, What can you do to save YOUR environment and YOUR high energy bill? You Can Conserve YOUR energy! SAVE ENERGY! SAVE PLANET!
Here are some tips on Energy Conservation:
- Change YOUR light bulbs to ENERGY STAR CFLs aka Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Turn off YOUR light's when leaving any room
- Enable power management on YOUR Computer and monitor
- Heat YOUR home with the Sun's help. Leave window shades or blinds open during the daytime and consider solar heat as a heating source.
- Avoid over-drying YOUR clothes.
- Change or clean YOUR ACs air filters at least once a month, to keep your system running at peak performance.
USE CFL's AKA Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs
CFL's Save about $30 in bills, they produce 70% less heat, saves 75% of energy consumed, and decreases the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere.
Save YOUR money
Counting the many uses of energy, which include appliances, utilities, heating and cooling, you would be saving in total about $1,000 yearly.
It's YOUR energy
You would be Saving 10 to 20% of energy in a household.