Vol. 8 , Issue 9; October 30, 2020
Upcoming School Schedule
Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day (no school)
Monday, November 23 - Parent/Teacher conferences - Half day for students (10:22 a.m. release)
Tuesday, November 24 - Early release drill (1:45 p.m. release)
Wednesday-Friday, November 25-27 - Thanksgiving break (no school)
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Winter/Spring Sports Physicals
If your student is planning to play a winter or spring sport and they have not yet had a physical exam for this school year, please make an appointment with their regular health care provider as soon as possible! Health care providers in our area are very busy this time of year, and even more so now with additional COVID concerns, so it's important to make your appointments in advance.
While New York State waived the requirement for fall sports, going forward it is unlikely they will continue to waive it, and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do physicals in school as we have done in the past.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact athletic director John Burdick at email@example.com.
Submit Your FREE/REDUCED Meal Application Now!
Grab and Go Breakfasts- Our food service staff has "Grab and Go" breakfasts available at each entrance every morning. Students will be able to grab their breakfast choice and proceed to their 1st-period class.
Calling 6th and 7th graders for the JAGS program!
Olympic Oval Skating Pass
Remote Learning Information
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
LPCSD invites interested people of all ages to join a work group on a diversity, equity and inclusion policy, sometimes referred to as a diversity policy. If you are interested in being part of this work group, please contact Board member Martha Spear at 518-946-7851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in learning to work the clock for Varsity Soccer? Contact Mr. Burdick at email@example.com. Many hours are available with this commitment and volunteers are needed ASAP.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Any guests planning on attending must wear masks. Space is limited to 5 people (first come, first served).
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing email@example.com. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
November 10 (please note date change)