Smoke Signals: Staff Edition
FAQ: Parent Conference Day
- Parent conference day is next Friday, March 8 from 8:00-4:00.
Who do I need to meet with?
- You must meet with the parent of any student who does not meet promotion criteria per the possible retention letter or any student at risk of failure.
What if the parent can not/will not come to a conference?
- Every effort should be made to have a face to face conference with the parent on March 8. If they cannot make it that day, you can schedule for another day. A phone conference is a last resort.
When do I give the possible retention letter?
- Give it to the parent at the parent conference. As a last resort, you can send it home with the report card on March 22 if there has been no face to face conference. All parents must be notified by March 22.
What if I finish conferences early?
- March 8 is a full work day and all staff members are expected to be in attendance from 8:00-4:00. The remainder of the day can be used for preparation & planning for the last 9 weeks.
Please do not schedule any conferences from 10:00-10:15 due to our staff photo being taken then.
From the Instructional Playlist: Make the Case
Want more strategies? Check out Lead4Ward resources here.
Need Lead4Ward strategies at your fingertips? Download the app from the app store!
- Brave Rally Bingo, cafeteria
- Tribe Meeting, Burkhalter off campus
- PTO Meeting
- 5th grade Career Day at WHS
- 1st grade Program
- 5th grade ambassador Field Trip
- DCA & Benchmark Data meetings
- Parent Conference Day, Student Holiday, staff works 8-4
- Due: Nominations for Teacher of the Year
- Due: Data Walls
- 10:00 - Staff photo in the cafeteria, do not schedule conferences from 10-10:15
- Due: Telpas Writing Samples due to Griffith
Saturday, 3/9-Sunday, 3/17 - SPRING BREAK!
March 18 Schedule
8:00-8:45 -- on campus
8:45 -- leave to get to PD
9:00-9:45 –- Education Galaxy Training at Curriculum PD Room
10:00-12:00 –- team planning or finish dyslexia online training
12:00-1:30 –- lunch on your own
1:30 -3:00 –- STAAR training
3:00-4:00 –- personal planning, prep, or finish dyslexia online training
Order a yearbook today!
The 2018-19 Shackelford Yearbook is on sale! The book is only $20. Order today so that you have a guaranteed copy! We will not have extras for sale in May.
Order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com using Shackelford's code: 12976619.
Don't miss out on the memories! Order your copy today!
11-15 - Spring Break
18 - Professional Development day, student holiday
19 - Grading Period 4 begins
22 - Report Cards go home
22 - Potential retention letters go home
25-29 - Benchmark Week - 3 & 4 Reading & Math, 5 Science
28 - 2nd grade program
1 - STAAR Alt 2 window opens
1 - Birthday Celebration
1 - Teacher of the Month
2 - 1st grade COGAT testing window
5- STAAR Rally - 4th & 5th grades
9 - STAAR 4th writing, 5th math
10 - STAAR 5th reading
11 - I love my school day!
13 - Weekend hours
16 - CAT Meeting
17 - Staff meeting
18 - Ambassadors Field Trip
19 - Good Friday, staff/student holiday
22 - Earth Day
25 - 3rd grade field trip to Ft. Worth Museum
29 - 5/24 - EOY Testing window
1 - GLL Meeting
3 - School Lunch Hero day, honor our cafeteria staff
3 - Volunteer Breakfast or Lunch
6 - Teacher of the Month
6 - 10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
8 - PIE Luncheon
10 - Muffins with Mom
10 - STAAR Rally Grades 3/4/5
13-17 - STAAR Testing - 3 & 4 Reading & math, 5th science, 5th M & R retest
15 - Breakfast with a police officer
20 - College & Career Day
20 - Seniors Serve Day (tentative)
20-24 - Spring Book Fair
21 - Grade Placement committee meetings
21 - 5th grade Talent Show 8:00-10:00
21 - 4th Grade AG day, Expo Center
22 - Grade Placement Committee Meetings
23 - K, 1, 2 Awards Programs
24 - 3rd & 4th grade Awards program
24 - Donuts with Dad
25 - Weekend Hours
27 - Memorial Day Holiday, student/staff holiday
28 - End of year Party
29 - Students last day, Elephant Walk (5Th), 5th Awards, Early Release
30 - Staff Work Day
31 - Staff Celebrations & last day for paraprofessionals
1 - weekend hours
3 - Teacher work Day
4 - Teacher Flex Day #2
5 - Teacher Flex Day #3
10 - Start summer work schedule - 7:30-3:30 M-Th
17 - Last day for Bigler & Redd
20 - Last day for Griffith & Taylor
25-26 - 3rd round of STAAR, 5th grade