Mattos Family Update
August 21, 2023
Dear Mattos Families,
The first four days of school have been wonderful! Everyone has been very supportive of the important work being done at Mattos- staff, students, and families alike. The staff and I appreciate all your kindness as we returned from summer break.
There are many exciting things happening at Mattos this year. Over the next few weeks, I will share many of them with you. This year we are implementing our new Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). We officially kicked this on the first day of school with S.A.M. the Eagle making an appearance. Staff is teaching students the expected behaviors (see chart below) and students who demonstrate positive behaviors will earn S.A.M. tickets, which can later be turned in for a raffle. Beginning in September, we will open our S.A.M. Store (stay tuned for details!). I will be reviewing this more throughout the school year, including at Back to School Night.
Reminders and Announcements:
- Volunteering in 2023-2024? All adults who volunteer on campus or on a field trip at any time during the school year must complete the CiviCore application. If you are returning as a volunteer, please resubmit your information in CiviCore. If you are new, please visit FUSD's website here.
- Friday, August 25 @ 8:30 a.m.: Mattos PTA Coffee Talk in MUR
- Tuesday, August 29: Minimum Day
- Tuesday, August 29: Back to School Night (in person) See below for details
- Monday, September 4: Labor Day (No School)
- Tuesday, September 12: Dairy Council Cow Visits Mattos
- Tuesday, September 26: SSC/ELAC Meeting
Soaring in education,
Mattos Behavior Matrix- Mattos Eagles S.O.A.R.
Mattos Office IMPORTANT Info
-Please pick your child up by 2:55 on regular days/1:40 on minimum days.
-If you have moved, please let the office know.
-If your child forgets something at home, please leave it outside the office on the cart. Label the item with your child's name and room #. If the item(s) are dropped off prior to 9:45 a.m., we will have the item(s) delivered to your child's classroom. After that time your child will need to get the item(s) from the cart during recess or lunch.
-If your child is absent, contact Ginger at email@example.com OR 510-793-1359.