Newsletter Week 7 Term 2
Waiheke High School 18 June 2021
Kia ora koutou,
It certainly feels wintery outside now and the usual winter colds and sniffles are around. If your child is unwell, please keep them at home rather than coming to school whilst sick.
Please can I remind people that our students must be wearing the correct school uniform, including jumpers and jackets. We have warm uniform available, including long pants for those who do not want to wear skirts or shorts.
Congratulations must go to Lily Atu and Jonathan Benzur who won the Auckland Central heats and now move into the wider Auckland finals of the Smokefree Rock Quest in the duet and solo sections. This is an impressive achievement!
The school is practising hard for Matariki and we look forward to our House competition.
Ngā mihi nui
- Y7-10 Parent Teacher Evening - Wednesday 23rd June
- Y11 Careers Day (in school) - Wednesday 23rd June
- Y13 Career Taster Day - Wednesday 23rd June
- Y12 Careers Day (in school) - Thursday 24th June
- Casual Dress Day - Thursday 24th June
- Y12 Career Taster Day - Friday 25th June
- Yr 13 Careers Day (in school) - Friday 25th June
- Y11-13 Parent/Teacher Evening - Wednesday 30th June
- Careers Evening - Wednesday 30th June
- Matariki Celebrations - Friday 2nd July
- LAST DAY OF TERM 2 - Friday 9th July
- FIRST DAY OF TERM 3 - Monday 26th July
Senior Drama Productions
In a contemporary café, late at night, Nick and Cassie argue about love, beaming in extracts from the stories or lives of famous lovers: Romeo and Juliet, Catherine and Heathcliff, John Keats and Fanny Brawne, Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme, and the Little Mermaid and the Sea Witch.
Cassie and Kate, the waitress, get so frustrated with Nick’s point of view that they cut, paste and rewrite the tragic stories, with all the scenarios being played out on stage. At the same time, Nick’s and Cassie’s relationship develops, and the audience is posed with questions about the nature of love.
Is your child sitting ICAS this year?
Payment is now easier with the new online Parent Payment System. Visit https://shop.icasassessments.com/pages/pps and enter our unique school code TLW486 to pay online and confirm your child’s participation.
The closing date for entry and payment is Friday 16th July 2021.
Celebrate Matariki Paint a Jandal Competition!
Open to all Students and Staff
- · The Whakatoki or Theme for this year’s Matariki is Moana, the Sea which will focus on protection and Enhancement of the Moana and waters of our country
- · Aspects of sea life are welcome as painted or 3D jandals ; seabirds, fish, octopus, seahorses…..dolphins, killer whales… kai moana…….
- · Hand in Date: 28th June, Room T2 (All entries will be displayed in our school hall)
- · Happy painting! Happy Matariki!
Year 7 Social Studies Trip to the Maritime Museum
The trip was organised by Gareth Moore and other teachers attending the trip were Jennie England and Kaye McCartain and we were all impressed with the ability of the Year 7’s to get involved, showcasing their knowledge and enthusiasm.
A huge thank you to our amazing parent helpers who came along: Stephen Baker, Ross Barker, Anjela Thomas, Melissa Smith, Sarah Harte, Emilie Stevenson, Susannah Matheson, Katie Nixon and Al Reeve. The trip would not have been possible without you and we greatly appreciate you giving up your time to support our kaupapa.
Pride Week 2021
Click above for four easy steps to setting up an account on the lunchonline website and placing an order.
Tony Sears (Deputy Principal)
Rachael Wheeler (Business Manager)