What Is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts in the cells of the breast. About 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women. Also, about 39,620 women will die from breast cancer. Even though breast cancer is more common in women, men can also get this kind of cancer.
Who is Affected more?
- Breast cancer is more prevalent in women of a European decent, there are more deaths in African-American women than Caucasian women.
- The Breast Cancer death rate is 60% higher in African-American women than Caucasian women.
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk, including blood.
- Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
- Pain in any area of the breast.
- Hormonal Therapy
- Biological Therapy