Osceola Science Charter School- March 8th, 2019
FSA Testing Dates (updated)
NO early release on Wednesdays! Due to FSA testing.
May 8, 2019
May 15, 2019
May 22, 2019
Students will be dismissed at 2:50 PM on these Wednesdays. If students have clubs on Wednesdays, they will be dismissed at 3:30 PM.
UPCOMING FIELD TRIPS (UPDATED)
- Kinder is going to Epcot
- 2nd grade is going to Sea World
- 3rd: 1st Grade is going to Legoland
- 8th: 4th Grade is going to St. Augustine
- 17th: 3rd Grade is going to Magic Kingdom
- 14th: 5th Grade is going to Universal Studios
Monday, March 11th, 6pm
2880 North Orange Blossom Trail
SPRING BREAK 2019
SMILE MILE WINNERS
1st place Osceola County – Osceola Science Charter School
Sofia Quintero Smile Mile Champion 2019
Osceola Science has received $500. Congratulations to Mr. Revelles!
We wanted to congratulate all our students and parents that participated in the 2019 Smile Mile. Thanks to your support our school was able to win the Award (3rd year in a row) for $500 dollars for the most participants in Osceola County with more than 100 students.
Also, we wanted to recognize some of our students that finished the race in the top ten of their respective categories: Alejandro Quintero (5th grade), Andrés Quintero (2nd grade), Zakaria Ahmida (5th grade) and Luna Taboa (5th grade).
Lastly, we wanted to congratulate our Champion for the second year in a row Sofia Quintero (1st grade). Sofia won her race of girls 6 years and under with a time of 7:23.
Thank you to all the parents who supported this event and that are promoting extracurricular activities that help their children stay physically active and healthy.
Physical Education Teacher
Osceola Science Charter School
INTERNATIONAL NIGHT- MARCH 28, 2019
Thursday, March 28th, 6-8pm
2880 North Orange Blossom Trail
OSCS FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
OSCS PARENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
Families, we welcome your help at the most hectic times of the day, dismissal. Having plenty of volunteers ensures that we have a safe and swift transition time. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up using the link below.
PROPOSED NEW STANDARDS REVISION PLAN
Please see below the proposed plan for switching common core standards by FLDOE. We are not expecting any change for next school year. Thank you,
A summary of the revised instructional materials adoption timeline is as follows:
· While the standards review takes place, current contracts for Mathematics and ELA materials will be extended. The Mathematics adoption is suspended, and the ELA adoption is postponed, until the standards review is complete.
· By April 2019, the department will issue a call for bids for World Languages K-12 and Career and Technical Education 6-12 to be in place for 2020-2021 school year.
· By April 2020, the department will issue a call for bids for ELA K-12 to be in place for the 2021-2022 school year.
· By April 2021, the department will issue a call for bids for Mathematics K-12 to be in place for the 2022-2023 school year.
· By April 2022, the department expects to issue the Social Studies K-12 call for bids.
· By April 2023, the department expects to issue the Science K-12 call for bids.